Pretty cool feeling

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by PalmbchZ28, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ

I remember the multiple arguments with the old guy that had a Corvair just like mine except it had the 4 cylinder. Those dudes came out of the wood work to tell me I was too young to remember the Corvair had a 4 cylinder. They probably had "kids today " stories about me LOL

2. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    I was at a show years ago with our '49 Cadillac Series 75 factory limo and an older gentleman told me he used to have one "just like it". I simply nodded and told him that was pretty cool.

There were only 626 of these cars made and I've only seen one other one in my entire life. My brothers and I flew my dad out to an auction in Vegas to see it as dad had never seen another one either. I seriously doubt that this gentleman had one.

3. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    ^^^^lol, knuckedragger and dirtmod sure rub each others balls a lot lately. :screwup: Pees in a pod I suppose.

Yeah its always the little old ladies that tell me how "HOT" my car is....:eek:

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    I was filling the GTO up at the local Shell station yesterday.

The gal running the cash register game out to tell me she loved my car! I was paying at the pump so she couldn't wait for me to come inside...

5. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    That is a cool feeling. Makes the work of cleaning it up worth while, doesn't it? Seems like kids like my car. Parked it at a cruise off the beaten path to be near some friends and neighbors. The front was on the edge of the hillside, and boys were trying to run up the hill with graps in tow. I thought they were coming to look at my friend's cars and trucks, since all these vehicles have much more "eyeball" than mine.(my car is not flashy at all) It must have been the way it was parked, and the Bill Mitchell design, because one after another, they beelined to the front of my car. I was close enough to hear the conversations, and I heard comments like "Looks sooo mean" a couple times, and "It looks like a shark". Then gramps would explain what it is and say "It's a 70. See the split bumper? That's the only year that came like that.

6. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    That's something I didn't want to picture this morning, now I get to skip breakfast. Thanks, lol.
    Be sure to watch the whole thing. ;)

7. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2002
    Hollister CA USA
    When people tell me they used to have a camaro like mine and selling it was their biggest mistake, I mention how much money it costs to just keep an old car like this on the road, hence why there's no awesome paint job or 1,000hp engine sticking out of the hood. It is fun to drive though :smokin:

8. indy camaro

indy camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 22, 2011
    USA
    It's definetly nice for someone to appreciate your stuff.
    I told this story before but anyway, I was at a local cruise in and a teenage couple came up to my car and the girl was gaga over it. Then she said "I want one just like it" then she asked "what is it, a Maserati ?" Then I told her no, in fact it's a 70 camaro !
    She said "wow they made Camaros back then?" :confused:
    But still cool that she loved the car.

9. xten

xten Veteran Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I always remind them how much it would have cost to store it all those years.

10. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    Money ain't everything - storing my cars and keeping them running is a labor of love.

If you love the cars, the money doesn't matter.

BillyDean7173 likes this.