Pretty cool feeling

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by PalmbchZ28, Aug 7, 2017.

1. PalmbchZ28

PalmbchZ28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2017
    West Palm Beach Fl
    Got up early yesterday and decided I would get the Makita buffer out on that old ass paint and kick some butt. 3 1/2 hours later McGuire's 105/205 and carnuba gold had it looking like glass. Buffed, waxed and ready to roll, we headed out to Starbucks.
    When we came out of the store there was a couple of people taking pictures of my 80 Z. This guy's brother owned the same "exact" car and he owned a 79 Z when they were kids..... he said biggest regret of his life was selling that car. I hear people say that a lot about these cars...Pretty much confirms I can't ever sell it !!
    The next 10 minutes was us driving and talking about how cool that experience was. So we headed to the grocery store because my wife knows it will haul groceries....we walk out of the grocery store and there were more people looking at it again and they stayed and talked for a while. Their comment was " perfect absolutely perfect "....My head almost would not fit in the car.....
    Great Sunday morning cruise☺️
    Zstar likes this.
  2. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    Had a similar experience on Saturday.

My wife and I drove the toy cars over to a small town (600 people) car show. Just a short show, 1 - 4 PM on a Saturday afternoon. Show cars were parked diagonally on the street by the city park.

After getting both cars detailed after arriving, we grabbed our lawn chairs and went and sat down for awhile with other car owners. I noticed a lady and her teenage son looking over the GTO very closely.

We eventually got up and checked out the other cars, filled out our show ballots and turned them in.

I noticed that this lady and her son stopped by my car a second time.

The third time they stopped to look at it - I got up and went over to talk to her. I asked if she had an interest in GTO's. She then wanted to know where I got my car - because it was exactly like her father's GTO. Her father had passed away 9 years ago and her mother sold the car. This lady was kind of hoping it might be her dad's and if it was would like to try and buy it from me.

I explained that I had purchased the car 25 years ago - which obviously meant that it wasn't her dad's car. After hearing her story - I invited her and her son to sit in the car and we took some photos of them in it with her phone.

That made going to the small show worth it.
    Zstar, wiseryder and PalmbchZ28 like this.
  3. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Guy pulled in next to me at the farmers market on Sunday. We both got out of our cars together.....he looks over at me and says "your car is so much cooler than my Corolla."

For a car that is basically motorized bondo with a half decent paint job on it, its rare that i have it out and someone isnt beeping at me, giving me a thumbs up, pointing at the car in a parking lot, or asking me about the car. I dont drive it just to blow my ego up or whatever. New cars bore me. Park whatever newest, most badass camaro, vette, or muffstang, next to The Champs GTO, and i see nothing but a GTO.
    jimrr and Zstar like this.
  4. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I somewhat feel guilty if I get a compliment. Mostly because I can't think of anything nice to say in return. "Yea, your Aztec is pretty cool too"?:screwup:
    PalmbchZ28 and ssupercoolss like this.
  5. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    Funny, two of the cars that were parked close to me.... 2010 Camaro and a newer (I never looked close enough to learn the year) "muffstang" GT 500.

And not many people took the time to look at either one.
    Zstar likes this.
  6. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    When a old lady said my z was beautiful it made my day.
  7. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ

Seems like all I ever got were morons talking out their azz. I always had to try not not to tell them to STFU and go away :)
    Zstar likes this.
  8. wiseryder

wiseryder Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 11, 2004
    belding,mi USA
    That's happened to me a few times, very cool feeling
  9. roeville

roeville Veteran Member

Oct 9, 2000
    Castro Valley CA
    There are many alternative polishes and waxes (most, much more expensive) but this combination is tough to beat. It's what I use too.
  10. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I usually get the hot little 72 year old's panties wet. They will go on and on about their glory days, when they had a Camaro, etc. :/