Posting pictures in threads....

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by pantera72, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pantera72

pantera72 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 19, 2004
    Norfolk,VA
    This was in response to members asking for help with picture posting in another thread. Now down to business!

Not all picture hosting sites allow you to hotlink pictures to forums. What you need is a picture hosting site that specifically allows the use of picture hosting. My suggestion would be to go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for an account.

Use a name and password that you can remember easily....
    [​IMG]

Fill in all of the required information....

[​IMG]

Upload your pictures to photobucket. Use the browse button to find the pictures from your computer. Clicking the add-more button expands the section so that more pictures can be added.

[​IMG]

Once you do that simply copy the link from the photobucket page.[/B]

[IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa85/nastyz28pics/Picture%20posting%20files/pictureedit.jpg

Paste the in your post....[/B]

[IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa85/nastyz28pics/Picture%20posting%20files/pastingIMG.jpg

Your picture should now be in your post....

[​IMG]

If you need anymore help, don't ask me. :p

2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

www.Imageshack.com is another good site. You can also hotlink from some of the car sites, like www.fquick.com Follow the screen prompts at imageshack for their new interface. Use the copy & paste URL method for non-photo sites.

Copy & Paste URL:
    If you have a web url, you just need to wrap it in IMG tags, or use the pic box in the tool bar at the top of the box where you type. Another good tip: "QUOTE" a post you see and then you can see how they 'did it'. :)

[url_]paste link here[/url] (*replace _ with a space)

Using clickable thumbnails generated by photosites
    With imageshack or photobucket, I suggest using their interface to make clickable thumbnails!

Full Photo:
    [​IMG]

Clickable thumbnail to full photo.
    [​IMG] <-- clickable thumbnail that takes user to full pic.

*Select the pic/pics you want to post as clickable thumbnails - the check box under the pic
    *Click the Generate HTML and IMG Code button at the bottom of the page.
    *Copy and paste the code in the 3rd box down titled "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended"
    *Rock on with your bad self...
    *Imageshack is different, follow the instruction on their site. Now you know what it should look like.

[​IMG]

Another good thread about this topic.

3. Karen McDermott

Karen McDermott Member

Apr 30, 2004
    La Habra Ca
    Thanks guys, watch me bumble through this <LOL>

4. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    Karen,
    You almost had it down pat in the interior post of yours...the only thing that you should have done was to copy the link to your pic(that you posted) but then click on that little picture icon with the mountain scene, and a window will open up....paste your link to the pic in that box....when you hit OK, it will place the pic within your thread. Once you have done this, you can preview the post before submitting...your picture should be showing.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.