post up your detail bags

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by 75camaro03, Dec 29, 2011.

1. 75camaro03

75camaro03 Veteran Member

Oct 29, 2002
    JACKSONVILLE, FL
    well im going to be detailing my parents cars (65 mustang vert, 04 vette n a 2012 f350 work truck ) this weekend and have to re stock all my supplies. Figured i would see what everyone else has in the bags.

could use some tips on cleaning the motor in the mustang, had intake leak on it and it looks horrible. ive read to use simple green on the whole thing. alum intake and all. my question is about the ignition i know to just be careful not to get it wet but any tips?

also whats the best seat cleaner for cloth seats? work truck is dirty from the crews getting in and out lol

2. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

get a cheap roll of aluminum foil. Form and shape a cover around the ignition to protect it since windsor motors have them in the front.
    You can get small rolls of 5" stretch film to wrap over and around the ignition and distributor but should still carry a can of CRC 5-56 or WD 40 to blow out the moisture in the cap after cleaning

Make sure that you don't let the simple green dry out or you'll possibly stain the painted finishes. I just work a section at a time and use some cut down paint brushes and solvent brushes to clean stubborn areas then rinse thoroughly.

For the interior, I like to find a Chemdry dealer and purchase pre-packed bottles of their baking soda cleaner, It is effective without staining and works well on light colored fabrics and headliners too

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  3. 75camaro03

75camaro03 Veteran Member

Oct 29, 2002
    JACKSONVILLE, FL
    thanks for the tips....bout to start working on the mustang in a bit.....