Post up your "big wheeled" cars...AKA...17's or larger AND ADD YOUR BACKSPACING INFO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by CarNDrvr, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Toy71Camaro

Toy71Camaro Veteran Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Central Valley, CA
    Coys C-5, 17x8 in front, 18x9.5 in rear:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video

2. BrianMassie

BrianMassie Veteran Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Waynesboro, VA
    Here's the 81 I'm building with 18x9s at all four corners. +14mm offset front and rear, though the rear I'm using is 1" wider overall than a stock rear. Tucked in the front with no rubbing, which is very important to me.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here was the previous setup, 18x8 with +14 mm offset. This picture was taken when the stock rear was in place. I much prefer the way the current rear wheels sit in comparison to the stock configuration.
    [​IMG]

In both configurations I used 245/45s all the way around. When it is time for replacement, I'll likely go to 275/40 in the rear.

3. 1FstChevy

1FstChevy Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Buckeye State
    Mine :D Oh, and an official thanks to Woody for the digital Z28 logo work I needed before sending off to have my center caps made in Greece. I installed them today!!! :cool:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  4. ResurrectedZ28

ResurrectedZ28 Member

Dec 1, 2008
    Miami, Fl
    Eagle Alloy's style 212 17x8 all around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ZYAL8R

ZYAL8R Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2004
    morgantown Kentucky
    18's up front 20's in the back.

[​IMG]

6. BrianMassie

Oct 1, 2008
    Waynesboro, VA
    To really complete the look, you could modify the headlight buckets to look like 80's 911 headlights... that'd be slick I think.

7. 1FstChevy

1FstChevy Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Buckeye State
    Heh Thanks! I suppose thats saying a lot coming from Mr.Wheel himself... :p
    Ask and you shall receive:
    [​IMG]
    I love how the wheels take on different personalities in different lighting with the machined face and painted sides and barrel. In certain light and at night they look rather stealthy and in intense sunlight or looking at them head on they look more like bright star-fish! Just like on the 997 911 Turbo.
    Heh... as much as I love Porsche's that might be a tad much. Outside of the brakes and wheels the outside is going to remain as close to factory as possible,(including factory Z stripes in the future) despite what might be underneath... :crazy:

Normal 911s are slick,
    [​IMG]
    But you know I'd rather purchase a 1980 slant nose ;) Oh.... and these still count as "big wheeled" cars. The thread title didn't specifiy Camaros only. :eek:
    [​IMG]
    (All pictures taken & owned by me! ;) )

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  8. BrianMassie

Oct 1, 2008
    Waynesboro, VA
    I'm thinking of changing the nose of my 81 up a bit, convert to mid-year turn signals and trim the buckets a little bit to match the more aero style of those turn signals. I haven't decided for certain yet, I need to do some drawings and see. I would like a better headlight system. Sticking with the German theme here, if I wanted to get crazy I could use the turn signals and headlights from this car. Just brainstorming here... Comments?

[​IMG]

But since this thread is about big wheeled Camaros, for me its hard to beat this one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  9. xtreem

xtreem Veteran Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    18x8.5f, 18x9.5r

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017
    mr. jones likes this.
  10. amschnellsten

amschnellsten Veteran Member

Feb 16, 2009
    cincinnati ohio
    Here are my temporary 18 bmw motorsport wheels. 18x8 and 18x9.5. I am going to put 19 6 series wheels on soon. Sorry for the photo it is from my phone.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2017