Post up your "big wheeled" cars...AKA...17's or larger AND ADD YOUR BACKSPACING INFO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by CarNDrvr, Mar 9, 2009.

1. CarNDrvr

CarNDrvr Veteran Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Gainesville, VA
    I just want something more exotic looking...pro touring-ish. I know the cost of the wheels. About $3K for the set.

2. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Tallahassee, FL
    18"X8.5 all the way around.

[​IMG]

Before....I kinda miss the ralleys.

[​IMG]

Old pic:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  3. cubs2008

cubs2008 Veteran Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    what make rims are these?

4. 1FstChevy

1FstChevy Veteran Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Buckeye State
    I have exotic wheels! ;) Designed in Germany & made in Italy... IDK what you personally consider Pro-Touring-ish but they are close enough. More Euro inspired though. I'll try to post new photos later but meanwhile you can see them in my project thread.

5. brownz

brownz Veteran Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Ohio
    Just what i have right now. I took them bakl to forgeline for a bolt and nut upgrade and had them chaget the color to mat black and powder coat the inner hoops. should have them back next week woot woot

forgeline wc3, 18*8 ft 255/40 and 18*9.5 rr 285/40

[​IMG]

6. WMCC Doug

WMCC Doug Veteran Member

Oct 16, 2002
    Wyoming, MI
    From 77LT1:

"I don't think I've ever seen a front spoiler like that one on a big bumper car. Where did you get it? BTW Beautiful car! That blue looks great! B"

Thanks for the compliment, Bryan! It's the original color: Midnite Blue Met. Code 29 :happy:

From 1FstChevy:

"Wow, thats gotta be one of the most kick ass unique 2nd Gens I've ever seen!!! Nice combo with those wheels.

That same style (but larger) front valance on a 78-81 looks super cheesy but on the Mid-2nd Gens it looks steller and really blends in the bumpers nicely!

I'd be interested in owning a Mid-2nd Gen if I could do that to the front end! Also curious to know if you bought or fabricated that front end piece???

BTW your Camaro with the grassy background is now my wallpaper "

Thanks for your compliments, too, Gary! :bowtie:

Well the car is themed after the International Race Of Champions cars from the mid-late 70's. Living in Michigan, I attended every IROC race at Michigan International Speedway, and fell in love with the IROC race car Camaros.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have owned this car since it was new and I bought the IROC front spoiler way back around 1980 from a local speed shop. I don't remember what brand it was. (A&A Fiberglass?) I ran it on the car until I disassembled the car in 1986 for a re-do. I was running American Racing 200S 15" wheels back then.

Well the car languished in my garage, in pieces for 20+ years until a group of friends from our Camaro Club prodded me into letting them help me finish the project (It's a long story, but a very cool one! See here: http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113430 )

When we found some 17" wheels that looked like the Minilite wheels they ran back in the 70's I was ecstatic. They would further enhance the IROC theme. We got the car to a drivable condition last fall in time to make a couple of special car shows, but there are still a few details that need to be finished this spring. We've only put about 200 miles on her so far, but I expect to put many more miles on her this summer.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  7. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    Miss those old cars....all of that IROC racing absolutely went downhill with the Dodge Daytonas...

8. Throttle

Throttle Veteran Member Gold Member

But then it went to T/As, it wasnt all that bad..
    [​IMG]

9. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    True.

I don't guess there will be any more IROC races since they auctioned off all of the stuff last year around this time.

10. 67lemanster

67lemanster Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 20, 2003
    I AM ILK
    cragar soft 8's. cheap ole steel 17" wheels. a pretty neat guy turned us on to them :screwup: