POOR! Customer Service

Discussion in 'RockAuto' started by badazz81z28, Oct 9, 2018.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    I recently ordered new black carpet and floor mats for my 1970 Camaro. Researching on ACC carpets website I see you get to customize colors. When you order from ACC directly as well as JEGS and Summit, you pick the color then you pick the logo of the mats, then you pick the color of the logo. I did the same exact method on Rock-Auto and instead of getting black mats with a blue logo, I get blue mats with a red logo. I told them how the website leads you down the wrong path and they proceeded to argue with me back how I'm wrong and the website is right. Then I ask them how I order the correct mats and they said the red logo is the only option...which is not true.

2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    If on a card, I'd cancel the transaction, have them mail a return shipping label, and return them.

3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    ^ Agreed. Always use a credit card so that you can dispute the transaction. Your creditor will then investigate.

72BIGBLOCK likes this.
  4. Smokin'Joe

Smokin'Joe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Texas
    I had really bad customer service with Rock Auto as well and I will not order from them again.

I took it as they really just don't care about one customer. - I suppose they are doing tens of thousands of transactions a day, so who cares about one or two unhappy customers a day...., certainly not Rock Auto. The shipped me a different part than what was described on their website, but would not cover return shipping.

They know the loss of a few unhappy customers will not have a negative impact their business, so they evidently have no corporate concept to make things right.

--

5. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
    RA are crooks.

6. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Jun 17, 2006
    MN
    I have had pretty good luck with Rockauto, I bought an Airtex fuel pump and they replaced it 3 times, no cost to me. The only problem was I bought a cat setup for my 99 Suburban and the one side catylist broke apart, RA said they would need to send it back to Eastern Catylitic and they would need to make the determination. When I called Eastern Cat they were asshats about it so I never sent it back, would have cost me over $80 shipping and I felt it was not Rockauto's fault. I have gotten wrong orders from them also but Rockauto has always taken care of it for me.

7. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ

I've had a few warranties through them and never had anything but great service. I buy just about everything I can't get through my work connections from them.

8. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2010
    erie, PA
    no problems here, ever

9. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Milford,CT
    I got rotors throught hem for the first time two weeks ago when they put their discout code on Nasty. They fit perfectly. No idea about their Customer Service though. I am apprehensive about mail order parts just for this reason.

10. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    Only CS issue I've had is a box of spark plugs was one short, they credited my debit card before I got off the phone. All good with RA for me.