Polyurethan or Rubber?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Primus, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Primus

Primus New Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Hey Guys,
    Im Max, im a new Camaro owner from germany and I already have some Questions.
    The biggest Thing is: My Berly '79 feels like a Boat. Its not Stable at all, everything over 60 feels extremly scary. My suggestion is: New Bushings everywhere! I dont think, that the preowners ever did some Suspensionwork..
    as i was searching through the web, i couldnt find any rubber bushings in Europe or America. My German friends told me, that the ride is getting way to harsh with PU bushings in it. What do you guys think? I can get a Energy Suspension Kit for 300 Bucks...
    Thanks for helping

Max

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
  3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
  4. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Another option using stock arms is the ride tech street grip stuff. Delrin goodness

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  5. dailycruiser81

dailycruiser81 Veteran Member

May 19, 2013
    ft lauderdale
  6. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    Lowend has is right. Avoid the poly. OEM rubber bushings are still available.

7. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro Veteran Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    I did Polyurethane and MAN is there a lot of drag in the bushings. They also squeak. Good thing the motor is so loud I can't hear it! On the plus side, the alignment going down the track is perfect and I can steer it with one finger.

8. dailycruiser81

dailycruiser81 Veteran Member

May 19, 2013
    ft lauderdale
    Has anyone tried polygraphite?

9. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I would only use polyurethane bushings for the sway bars only .And the grease able ones. Companies such as classics industries has the stock ones. What has been done with the suspension ?

Attached Files:

10. mech393

mech393 Veteran Member

Aug 9, 2003
    belvidere illinois usa
    I have the polygraphites and they still squeak and the ride is harsh one day I will replace them