Poll on Your Camaro's Gas Mileage ?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by 81_Z28_NC, May 2, 2008.

1. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    Reworked my whole car (70 Z) a couple years ago looking for an honest 300 hp and 25 mpg. Best so far is 24.3 on back to back tank fillups. But it run only on premium, not a big price adder these days though. Need a good set of current design heads, should do it.

2. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 22, 2001
    Carmel, NY
    +1 plus math gives me a headache

3. Jazn_84

Jazn_84 Veteran Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Fulton, IL
    Didn't buy it for gas milage ;) I drive it in town mostly so I'm sure it's not good. I am interested to see what it gets later this summer when I drive it 2 hours to my old hometown for cruise night. Better start saving my pennies :)

4. dui's Z

dui's Z Guest

After installing my cam and breaking it in for a half hour. I took it down the street (about a mile) I burned an 1/8 tank. Estimated 8 miles per gallon. This being on a tired 350.

5. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

6 to 8 mpg around town :whine: :eek: maybe 12mpg on the freeway :eek: ........ what can you expect from a tunnel rammed sbc with dual holley 660's and 4.10 gears

6. 1975_white_LT

1975_white_LT Veteran Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Iran - Tehran
    Having a stock 350 with 2.73 Rear, I am averaging 15MPG in city and 18 MPG on highway and I am content already:)

7. Redge

Redge Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    A mild 355 with TH350 tranny and 3.42 gears = 10-12mpg
    The worst I've ever had was 8mpg when I was 16 and decided to dump a tank at WOT.

8. lt 1975 camaro

lt 1975 camaro New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    san marcos CA
    mpg doesnt matter if you love to drive your camaro

I am getting about 10 mpg or so. im not too worried about the mpgs because my camaro is so much fun to drive. I am running headers, msd ignition, edelbrock preformer rpm intake manifold, holley street avenger carb, on a 350 with a turbo 350 trans.

9. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    I don't know the intent of the thread starter but I suspect that most of us don't care what these cars get for MPG - they're hobby cars after all - and know only as a matter of idle curiosity.

If one wanted MPG out of a 2nd gen then one would most certainly take a different direction in high tech mods...one that wouldn't involve BB's, lumpy cams or deep gears:D

10. 81_Z28_NC

81_Z28_NC Veteran Member

Aug 2, 2007
    thomasville,NC
    Seems like I detect a bit of attitude for asking such a question ??? :cool: I was just posting a question out of "curiousity", collecting some data for just plain old information sake. I am quite aware that most people either build their 2nd gens up for performance or they keep them stock and some use as daily drivers or any where in between. I am not some ignorant fool posting for no reason....just wanted to get a feel if most peoples Camaros were modified, slightly modified or stock and just was curious on what kind of MPG those people got....nothing more.