Pneumatic Framing Nail Guns

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by 71Rocks, Feb 4, 2015.

1. 71Rocks

71Rocks Veteran Member

Oct 12, 2011
    North Texas
    In preparation to begin building my shop, I have been looking at framing guns. I've looked at new and the classified/CL for good used. I am unable to find any used ones that don't look toooo used or abused.

What is your opinion on the best nail gun for the money. I would be willing to pay $150-$200 max.

Thanks for your input.

Mark

2. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I got a Hitachi for about $199 I think, 21 degree, takes plastic collated nails. Check the pawn shops, they always have nail guns.

3. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    I got a nice Paslode cordless gas operated framing gun from the Paslode store on eBay. It was a factory reman, but I love it. Man, what an awesome tool. I cant even tell you how many trouble free cases of nails have gone thru it, but its a lot. And its been dropped off a roof several times. Still works like new. It came with 2 batteries and it only takes about 1/2 hour or so to charge one. And you get hundreds of nails to a gas cylinder and a charged battery. The cylinder will outlast several batteries.

There really is no comparison to a gun with an air line supply, in my opinion. You can get that thing into places where you could never get a gun with a air line attatched to it. Did I mention I love that thing?

4. daddio4048

daddio4048 Veteran Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Valdosta,Ga.
    Hitachi make s great nail gun.You could always rent it;but by the time you get finished using it you could of bought it.

5. 71flh

71flh Veteran Member

Jun 1, 2010
    DFW
    Troll pawn shops for a name brand like Paslode? Parts are available.
    Framing guns are pricey...

6. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    The pros I work around use Senco or Bostich guns. Look for those at the pawn shop or craigslist. Use it then sell it for what you paid.

7. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    My dad, who is picky about his tools, got a Hitachi framing gun. He's never had issues with it.

8. z2880

z2880 Veteran Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Tewksbury, ma, usa
    The hatachi is where its at Ibought a brand new one for like 350 ish yo build my garage my carpenter friend uses his 2 for the past 10 years and beats the shit out of them and they are lighter than others. Its papertape nails I highly recommend as the plastic clips tend to hit people when they shoot good luck

9. z2880

z2880 Veteran Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Tewksbury, ma, usa
  10. 71flh

71flh Veteran Member

Jun 1, 2010
    DFW
    These have pistons, cylinders and O-rings. Why not get a name brand, buy parts and rebuild?
    I drive past stores that say Paslode and Senco every day.
    This same argument happens weekly about quality compressors.