Plastic wax

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by Lobsterbak, Aug 28, 2009.

1. IceBerg1163

IceBerg1163 Veteran Member

Jul 11, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
  2. spav350

spav350 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    This stuff will bring it back to like new and lasts for a while. It will take a few applications to stay on longer. The more you use it, the longer it lasts. It makes it look "new" again. Not greasy or oily. We use it on big rigs to get them ready for the front line. Awesome stuff!!!!

It's the PRO-39. Their other products are great too!

http://www.zephyrpro40.com/s2/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=77

3. JONESYFXR

JONESYFXR Veteran Member

Oct 10, 2009
    BUFFALO, NY
    Mother's Back to Black.......works wonders!!!!

4. DAWG

DAWG Veteran Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Colebrook, Connecticut
  5. Displaced Hokie

Displaced Hokie Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Birmingham, AL
    Turtle Wax Ice wax. It's a decent wax in it's own right, but what's nice is that you can get it on any of that black stuff and it looks great. Turns it a nice black w/o being greasy. No white residue in the body cracks either if you miss a spot like regular wax. I highly recommend it.

6. szalkuskt

szalkuskt Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Honolulu, Hawaii USA
    the torch write up interested me

7. Huyzel

Huyzel Member

High heat can make the plastic brittle in some cases.. I use S100 detail and wax spray. Alot of you guys are using products to make the plastic shine or have a gloss finsih.. I personally hate this look.. Especially on tires. That wet look is the 90's or even 80s.. S100 makes detailing products for motorcycles but it works great on black plastics. They make them look new and the finish from factory. Another trick is silicone spray.. this will leave a little gloss but not as bad as some of the other stuff out there. Also becareful when you use chemical cleaners on plastics and around plastic headlights. Some chemicals will react and cause cracks or haze the plastic.