Pigboy's71

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by pigboy's71, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Cypress, TX
    Great find! Looking forward to seeing lots more pics as you finish her off the way you want her!

2. pigboy's71

pigboy's71 New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Surrey, B.C.
    No,Don't know the paint code. The guy who painted it just said it was Viper Blue?

3. pigboy's71

pigboy's71 New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Surrey, B.C.
    Im going to all black interior.The seats are shot and are now stripped down to the frames.As for the slicks you are probably right.They came with the car and just for getting in out of the garage.Will be changing them next year.(hopefully!)

4. pigboy's71

pigboy's71 New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Surrey, B.C.
    love that quote! I have used it many times! Your right dont see many around but its funny how you can pick one out in a crowded street or highway with just a glance.I wish I could
    say I did the body and paint like the awesome job you have done on yours.

5. pigboy's71

pigboy's71 New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Surrey, B.C.
    long time, no post update. ipod2016 194.JPG
    Seats before stripping down to the frame,sanding and painting.
    001 (7).JPG
    Seats after,(TMI) I had a local upholster put the new foam and fabric on. IMG_2559.JPG original steering wheel.
    IMG_2571.JPG Went with a Grant wheel. IMG_2601.JPG
    Installed with new belts and sill plates.
    IMG_2635.JPG Wheels before.
    camaro 127.JPG camaro 130.JPG After with new rubber.
    camaro 123.JPG I finally got her insured and on the third time out the drive shaft dropped as the p.o. didn't install the u joint properly. Lucky I was 2 blocks from home.
    My immediate to do list is,
    Drive shaft- balanced and install
    Steering- new tie rods/ bushings and alignment
    exhaust- replace existing hack job
    Brakes- rebuild rear and install parking brake
    All the important stuff!

brooksman9 likes this.
  6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    That's no fun. I had that happen twice. Both were Mopars. A 72 Duster and a 76 Dart. The Duster broke at the flange on rear end and the Dart had the u-joint come apart but got hung up an did not hit the deck. What a wild vibration. Your Camaro is sweet.

7. pigboy's71

pigboy's71 New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Surrey, B.C.
    Thanks.Yea good thing I was'nt going very fast. Banged up one muffler a little bit but it's going to be replaced as the whole exhaust is not hung right. Here is a pic right after I got it up on stands, P.o. missed bolting down the flange.. camaro 171.JPG

8. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    How long did it take before it came off? That was not even bolted down. I haven't done that one yet. I was with a guy that was test driving a car one time and we got about a mile and he said oops and pulled over. He gets under the car for a couple mins and gets back in and said he forgot to torque down the strap bolts. I did not feel anything just lucky he remembered when he did.

9. pigboy's71

pigboy's71 New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Surrey, B.C.
    This was only the third time out after getting it insured.First trip, 4 blocks to the gas station for gas. Second, a mile to my dads and third time a half mile talking my daughter for a ride. We heard the cap spit out and hit the floor pan and she asked what was that? and I said nothing good!

10. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Not a good thing with your Daughter in the car. I had a set of straps twist on me with my 78 Z28. They actually stretched so there was a little clunk. Gee I wonder How that happened. When I replaced them the first thing I did was dump the clutch to see if I fixed it. Laid down a nice double C Patch. I knew it was good to go. My neighbors just loved me.