Pigboy's71

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by pigboy's71, Aug 17, 2016.

1. pigboy's71

pigboy's71 New Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Surrey, B.C.
    Hi Everyone,I have been a Nasty member for about 2 years now and want to thank everyone for all the info,advice and tips they post about our cars.This site has been a tremendous source of help and the projects that turned to works of art are inspiring! Ie. Caspers recent posting!
    So this is me 30 years ago with more hair,same maturity and the car I fell in love with a 1973.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well not being the sharpest knife in the drawer I sold it and then proceeded to chase another for the next 30 years with life,kids,bad timing keeping it just out of reach.Then suddenly everything clicked and I finally got own another!
    The first time I saw her,love at first sight! My 1971

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The day I got her home and and washed.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guy I bought it from did the body work and paint,Its not perfect but some thing I didn't have to do.He also claims the engine was recently rebuilt but hasn't located the receipts.

The inside on the other hand had to be gutted and a new wiring harness put in.
    [​IMG]

Floorboards and trunk in good shape.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    To date I have got the wiring harness replaced with AAW Harness and installed a Dakota digital Gauge cluster.Doing it myself I almost cried when the turn signals came on for the first time! Lol! Replaced the Dash (Oem),Sealed and put sound/heat shielding on the floors(carinsulation),new carpet(Pui),Headliner,Seatbelts,package tray.Being on a bit of a budget I have been refurbishing the salvageable interior parts that came with the car for now and replace down the road like the center consule,non period correct glove box door,and other hard interior pieces.My next step is to get the seats re-foamed and covered so I can drive it and next year source out door panels.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back outside after after 2 years!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She has a Gm crate motor with an edelbrock preformer intake and a edelbrock 600 carb.Th350 Tranny.
    Ill post what I have planned for her later but my main goal is to have her on the road next spring.

Thanks,
    Pigboy (Jeff)

2. Juicypop

Juicypop New Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Highlands ,TX
    Car looks great man.

3. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Damn nice car. Next Spring I bet you'll be grinning from ear to ear.

4. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Looks good Jeff. Welcome aboard. Love the color. Do you know what paint and code it is?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  5. middleagecrisis

middleagecrisis Veteran Member

Oct 22, 2007
    SA, TX
    Sharp looking car! My '77 has the tan interior (noticed the rear seats), which you don't see every day. Are you going black interior, or tan, or black/tan? One thing, I may be wrong, but I believe your drag radials (directional) are mounted backwards.

6. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    You can take the boy outta surrey, but you cant take the surrey outta the boy ! Love the car Jeff ! Theres so few of these things around town you're gonna get tons of looks!

7. 1971zed

1971zed Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Retired in Ottawa Canada
    Great job.
    Love the colour.

8. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Looks good but like post #5 said tires on backwards from the pic.

9. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    Wow very nice. Sharp looking car.

10. Carinsulation.com

Carinsulation.com Veteran Member NazstyZ28 Sponsor Gold Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Coplay PA
    That is some very nice car insulation! :bowtie: