perkalators 77 lt build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by perkalator, Feb 14, 2015.

1. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Dingle, dangle, doodle more rust. Im never going to get done with the floorpans at this rate.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    funny, you say "Dingle, dangle, doodle" and I say "dip dang doo"

3. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    I got that from watching cartoons with my daughter when she was little. Rollie pollie ollie was one of her favorites.

4. Scott_H

Scott_H Veteran Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Pasco, WA, USA
    Hey perkalator just noticed your in Kennewick, I'm in the tricities as well. Plus I'm doing a 77 so we should get together at some point.

5. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Sounds like a plan.

6. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Well i found the master of all puzzles. Trying to find the exact angle to get the lug wrench out of the hole between the drop off and quarter panel. 40 minutes later and success.

[​IMG]

7. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Well good news on the passenger quarter panel. A little rust to replace that was under the spoiler, a few black specks behind the wheel well. I also got to fix where someone tucked the wheel well lip with a baseball bat. Whoever did the 2nd repaint of the car liked body filler. I probably removed half a can to find very small dents and body lines that wont take mutch work to fix. I guess i wont be using much of the quarter skin for that side.

8. 76_TypeLT

76_TypeLT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Houston, TX
    its rare to find 1/4 panel that clean, that's awesome.

9. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Well the bad news is the drivers side quarter has been replaced at some point with a gm full quarter. And ther isnt a body line left so its getting a skin. The passenger side has a rust hole in the window chanel right at the leaded seam so im going to have to open it up since i can see some pretty severe rust forming in the roof to sail panel seam on the inside. If its to bad hopefully those dynacorn full quarters for the right side materialize soon just in case the inside is a basket case.