perkalators 77 lt build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by perkalator, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Jan 2, 2012
    New Zealand
    Looks really but was that piece of 20 gauge welded over the top of the factory sheetmetal?

2. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Yes it was. I formed the piece and it was spaced out about 1/16th of an inch and a little over that on the curve. I already had the tailight surround fully welded in and the body seams eliminated,

3. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Well my back is killing me this weekend so i took a break from the body work and blocking. I layed down some seam sealer.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  4. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Nothing great to report but i got new door hinges for the drivers side. Summit was awesome again and met the 2 day shipping and called to verify the order. And OER hinges look great. Same metal thickness and look exactly like the originals. I decided a days labor to strip, weld drill new bushing holes wasnt time well spent. 100 and change and i had both hinges and new bolts with two day shipping.
    [​IMG]

5. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
  6. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Being a perfectionist stinks. The body work on the parts of the tail panel that will be hidden. Im going to get the inside of the trunk and tail panel in epoxy this weekend.

[​IMG]

7. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    You're gettin there! Nice progress :)

perkalator likes this.
  8. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    Haha . Im same way. Then Id have to think about it and what if. Should I?shouldn't I ? Jus do it!

9. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Needed to clean the garage so i took baby outside. Im almost through seam sealing the inside of the trunk, so tomorrow raptor is going inside the trunk. I couldnt resist taking some glamour shots outside.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017