perkalators 77 lt build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by perkalator, Feb 14, 2015.

1. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    I didnt want truck bedliner thickness, so i was shooting for no more than a 1/16th of an inch. Besides Im going to do the floorpan in the trunk as well, and the factory splatter paint on the inside of the quarters.. And I plan on using some brand of adhesive backed sound deadner on the inside...

2. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Slick sand on the firewall. After the filler i sprayed a seal coat of epoxy. I have a 2.3 tip gun for filler primer and i think im going to have to reduce this stuff when i do the rest of the body. If it still sprays to thick im going back to K36.
    [​IMG]

3. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    This is what it looked like after blocking with 220 for the first stage and 400 for the 2nd.
    [​IMG]

jester0618 likes this.
  4. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Two coats of epoxy, next weekend chassis black on the firewall. I bought a harbor freight purple gun since my old devilbliss ive been using for epoxy is starting to act up after 20yrs. Its not a bad gun for primer.
    [​IMG]

5. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    I reduced my slick sand with acetone and sprayed with a 1.9 tip and it worked. Comes out quite textured. Reduced with a 2.2 will spray real nice im sure. Looks awesome

6. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Thanks casper. I reduced a batch a tried on on the quarter to test. 10% reduced with laquer thinner and a 2.3 tip in my old tried and true sharpe cobalt and it sprayed down nice and smooth.

CasperCasper likes this.
  7. jester0618

jester0618 Veteran Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Bryan, OH
    DAmn, that looks much better than the DSE cover I installed.

perkalator likes this.
  8. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Dingle dangle doodle. Trying to straighten out the fender body lines and found more rust pits coming through. Little black dots on the outside and orange the size of a quarter on the inside. So a front quarter patch panel is being installed.
    [​IMG]

9. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    The good news is after performing surgery the inside of the car is rust free. This quarter has been replaced in the cars history and this small spot was due to a seam sealer and primer problem in this spot( no adhesion i was able to reach in and knock it off with my finger everything above on the fender lip pocket was good.
    [​IMG]

10. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Well been busy and got ahead of the picture progress. I sprayed black epoxy over all of the car except the inside of the trunk and passenger quarter. I still need to finish up those areas and do body work. Here is a couple of pics of the seamless tail light surrounds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jester0618 likes this.