perkalators 77 lt build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by perkalator, Feb 14, 2015.

1. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
  2. perkalator

perkalator Veteran Member

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Thank you sir

3. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Both subframe connectors are in. Been working on stripping the bottom of the car for paint. Im going with a combination of chassis black on the frame and support members with upol raptor on the floorpans and wheel wells. Im hoping to at least have the bottom in epoxy by the end of the weekend. Next time im going to pay a dandblaster to do the bottom.
    [​IMG]

4. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    I also welde up the the rocker panel trim holes.
    [​IMG]

5. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Aug 11, 2015
    Looks good! I was told not to weld those holes as water drains out of them. Am i thinking of the wrong holes?

6. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Ive heard the same thing, in my opinion with those holes being roughly 1/2" above the bottom of the inside of the rocker their not going to drain water. What ive learned is you do not seam seal the front opening on the rockers, this allows air to flow through them and out the back clean outs with the rubber flapper to dry out the inside.

7. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
  8. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Body work on the underside of the floor pans is started. I still need to do some more feathing on the edges of the glass filler.
    [​IMG]

9. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    I got bored with body work so I started to get ready to mod the quarter fender well lips. The previous owner sliced them and beat them in with a hammer. I have been able to straighten but wanted to make sure i can fit larger tires and not rub since my suspension kit drops the car 1.5 in the back and 2 in the front. I stole this idea from another member but I cant remeber his name. [​IMG]

branbell and Radio like this.
  10. perkalator

Aug 27, 2014
    kennewick wa
    Epoxy on the bottom, finally through with stripping the bottom of the car.

[​IMG]