Parts Suppliers

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by 77BlackLT, Jul 13, 2014.

1. 77BlackLT

77BlackLT New Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Tacoma, WA
    Anyone have a preference for parts suppliers? I've been looking at Rick's Camaro, and at Universal...any help will be appreciated...

2. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Ricks, Classic Industries, and NPD all have warehouses servicing the west coast. Wait for the 20% off sales! Large orders get free shipping sometimes too.

Rock Auto and Summit are great for lots of things too.

3. GanGanz81

GanGanz81 Veteran Member

Jul 14, 2001
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Classic NPD and FBody warehouse have all been great sources for me

4. secondgenfan

secondgenfan Veteran Member

Aug 10, 2006
    Altamonte Springs, Fl
    I have used all of the above. I have also used people on the forum like CamaroDoc who has a ton of used parts. Not sure what you are looking for exactly but post it. Someone will have it.

Most of the new parts I have purchased that I needed that were factory type parts I get from NPD. If i need a hose or misc. i use the other sources.

5. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

A lot of stuff that Rick's and NPD carry is OER stuff (a sub company of Classic Industries). I signed up for Classic e-mail ads and kept an eye out for there 20% sales, combined that with ordering $500 or more and paid no shipping. Classic will eat you alive with shipping if you end up paying for it.

6. reinhardt79

reinhardt79 Veteran Member

May 12, 2002
    VA BCH, VA
    NPD has been great for Camaro specific.
    Summit for performance parts.
    Inline Tubing for pre-bent stainless lines.

7. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Ringgold, GA
    And depending on what kind of parts you're looking for. I've used a lot of the above mentioned vendors, no real problems with any of them. On my last suspension rebuild, I used Rock Auto, found them to be most reasonable with Moog replacement parts.

8. onelapduster

onelapduster Veteran Member

May 5, 2010
    South Joursey
    Ames Performance. Jegs, Speedway Motors. I check all of the suppliers and then Ebaymotors before making a purchase. Do your homework for the best bang for your buck!

9. alan0043

alan0043 New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    canton,ohio
    Hi Guy's

I am looking at the rally sport header panel for a '71 rs from Rick's Camaro. Does anyone know who reproduces this panel ( name brand of panel, Goodmark, AR, etc. ). If you replaced your panel with after market, how does it fit ? Who makes a good fitting header panel ?

Thanks for any help,
    Al

10. gary bickel

gary bickel Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 4, 2013
    fort worth tex
    I get a lot of things from firewheel classic in dallas they match almost any price. Where we got our header pane l and quarters and fender from all fit pretty good. Gary I have also found Car Shop in calif has the best prices compare them to others and you will see.