Parts Illustration Book?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by 79ws6resto, Jan 16, 2012.

1. 79ws6resto

79ws6resto Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Looking for a good parts illustration book for my '70 (parts blow-ups, part and group numbers, etc).
    I already have the assembly manual and service manual...just wondering if there is another source I can add to my collection.

Any help or sources are appreciated.

2. Z28 Mark

Z28 Mark Veteran Member

Feb 14, 2001
    San Jose, CA.
    There is Chevrolet by the numbers 1970 to 1975 - This is good for part #'s and what cars had what and some tech data.
    Then there is Catalog of Camaro ID Numbers 1967- 93 -It's about the same thing but only Camaros.
    I like and use Chevy by the #'s a lot as it will tell you more where that part came from (noy just from a Camaro).:)

3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
  4. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    CBTN is really useful for mechanical parts but doesn't really provide any exploded views or anything beyond those major mechanical items.

The kind of info for which 79ws6resto is asking would best be found in a GM parts catalog and the service manuals

79ws6resto: GM parts catalogs are available on Ebay and elsewhere and the CD/DVD versions are nice as they can be searched using what ever program you are using to view them. Watch for dating on the catalogs. The farther away one moves from the model year the more consolidation and superseding of parts occurs.

5. 79ws6resto

79ws6resto Veteran Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Thank Mark....can never have too much info. I'll check into these.

Thanks...reply sent

Thanks, yes...that sounds like what I am hunting for.
    I have them (CD format)for Pontiac (Trans Am) but wasn't sure if Chevrolet (Camaro specifically) had the same type of info out there or what exactly I should be looking for.

Thanks...and keep the information coming please.

6. flowjoe

flowjoe Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 7, 2006
    SoCal
    Yes, there are Camaro specific GM catalogs just as for the Firebirds (I have both:bowtie:)