Parking car on grass or dirt??

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by XxWickedz28xX, Oct 31, 2008.

1. 1WILDZ

1WILDZ Veteran Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Rockland County, NY
    Bill I could have your car towed/impounded and it will be stored at the pier at W38st and 12 avenue. We can pick it up in the spring...:)

2. XxWickedz28xX

XxWickedz28xX Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 22, 2001
    Carmel, NY
    Sounds good Doug....should be plenty of room there.

Ive had a few cars "stored" there over the years :whine:

3. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    what about that company that makes a "bag that you drive your car into you and an additional bag of something into the first bag and it absorbs extra moisture like a humidor. say it in a catalog awhile back.

Mike

4. RacingRob

RacingRob Veteran Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Yorktown Heights, NY
    You're talking about a "Car Bag".
    You lay it out on the ground, drive onto it, then zipper it up.
    It's not a portable garage. No poles.
    Saw them advertised in Hemmings.
    RR

5. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    thats it and you put a box of desilica packs. a large box of the stuff in a medicini bottle.
    Mike

6. rscamaro73

rscamaro73 Administrator Staff Member

I just park mine over top some plywood or put something under the tires so they don't sink in over the winter. Then I put a car cover on, then a tarp over the cab area, then another one over the whole car. Easy enough to take it off when you bungee them on. I ought to get the moth balls for mine and the desiccant as well.....think they have them in the RV section at WalMart ?

7. crazypurgatory

crazypurgatory Veteran Member

Well I got some 3/4 inch white rock for the back yard where I keep one of my cars and it only cost me $100 bucks for 2 yards.
    I could have gotten it delivered for free but I just used a neighbors truck and loaded it up twice.
    But then again I'm in Florida there is nothing but sand and rocks down here.:screwup: :happy:

8. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I do the plywood and cover deal. someday I'll get my shop:screwup: :screwup:

9. turbo1013

turbo1013 Veteran Member

Sep 16, 2008
    beachwood , NJ
    check out your rail road crews, i offered to buy them a pizza for lunch when they are repalceing rail road ties, they let me cherry pick through the old ties, i took 3 trips, and made a 8 x16 pad out of them one that was in 1/2 i used as the first part of the ramp, with a sheet of plywood,, just be carefull they are loaded with creasol, and you cant get that on your skin, or in your skin it will never leave, and is harmfull, no worry about insects of criters they hate the ties, so my camaro sits 8 iches above the ground, and stays very dry,, not much rain bounces back up that high,, 15 for the 2 pizzas and a 2 liter soda, and gas, and had the plywood left over,,,,.

10. 79supergasdriver

79supergasdriver Veteran Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Wichita, KS, USA
    We bought our first home a few years ago, with a one-car garage and single-lane drive leading up to it. We argued who gets to park in there-my nicely preserved, somewhat race-ready hot rod Camaro or her new Grand Prix GTP. My car costs an arse-load to return to it's current condition since it's paid for and only requires liability insurance. Her car carries full coverage, including acts of God or natural disaster, since WE'RE STILL PAYING FOR IT! I won that one.