painted the cowl

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by copper07, Mar 28, 2008.

1. copper07

copper07 Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Harlingen, TX
    79camaro2001 -thats the factory powersteering box. The car was a two owner car and all original when I got it. It was just filthy.

Sparkytfl- I used simple green, engine bright and a power washer to get the crud out. The firewall I used a really cheap sandblaster that made more of a mess than anything so I switched to a sanding disk/wheel. As for the paint, I used some self etching primer from autozone/walmart that works amazing. It really helps to use self etching primer before paint. Then on top of it I sprayed it with some regular flat black indoor/outdoor spray paint. I also bought one of the cheapy spray can holders that you use as a spray gun which really helped out. I went through 3 cans of primer and 4 cans of flat black.

Thanks for all the kind words and advice guys. The motor will be going in this weekend hopefully. The headers just got here yesterday and I pantied them with hi-temp paint last night. hopefully all goes well.

2. C-1 generation 2

C-1 generation 2 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 23, 2005
    Imperial,Missouri USA
    Looks great.A big 1+ on what TM said.While you have your steering box and arm exposed get you a can of silver hammered it will really stand out once you have everything assembled.