P0442 code on my silverado

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 80sz, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    That stuff reminds me of the Buick I had previously. I got it on the rack shortly after buying it and saw they spliced the brake lines and used compression fittings. I'm spoiled out her on the west coast I'd flat out run from that crap.

2. Mike N

Mike N Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    I couldn't imagine a world of salt free stuff. I don't know if I could handle not having to wheel the torch over to every other car I work on.

SRGN likes this.
  3. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    Its broken plow truck season. Now the POS trucks that haven't been washed from when they were used last season are coming in the day a storm is coming, and they need it "right away". Even though it has been screwed up for months. Where the hell were these guys when I had a week that wasn't jam packed?

4. Mike N

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Poor planning on their part makes the labor rate go up.

SRGN and BonzoHansen like this.
  5. Mike N

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    @Knuckle Dragger , it's not only brake lines and lower body stuff that rots on salt belt cars. I got a call from a friend today saying his car ran rough, was noisey and the SES light was on. 2006 LaCrosse with the 3800 and 72K on the clock. I heard it coming down the street and this was the problem....

plug1.jpg

The OE AC Delco plug rotted at the base and blew the top part out. Luckily the threaded part came right out of the head with an easy out. I did all 6 plugs and sent him on his way.

6. DrPepper

DrPepper Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Central VA
    Yep, and a lack of understanding the need for preventive maintenance. When I was in the Air Force, I worked on heavy ground radar. We were always doing some kind of 'preventive maintenance' on the equipment. Guess those lessons have stuck because I'm always doing preventive maintenance on my vehicles and/or general equipment. And 'most' of the time, when I need something to Go, it's ready.