P0442 code on my silverado

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 80sz, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    Don't make me ask you about something else. :innocent:

BonzoHansen likes this.
  2. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Nylon fuel lines are the best thing since sliced bread. I've been using it for the last 10 years or so and wouldn't consider anything else.

3. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    I put the $65 Dorman stainless brake line kit on my suburban. Was easier than even doing nicopp since I had a shop apprentice give me a hand. I May have to get a lower mileage truck soon for a daily, 245k miles and I'm still on original ball joints and tie rod ends...

4. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    Only thing better is PTFE braided lines. Race car with no fear of fuel seepage... Too expensive for everyday stuff though.

5. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    3am I'm reading this thread and LMAO!

6. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2012
    des moines, iowa
    Wow! Brings back memories of when I took the insurance $$ to repair the wifes DD '05 Yukon Denali. Truck appeared to be in great shape so after a door hinge sprung incident (always opens door against the wind-not WITH it) I decided to spend a couple weeks prepping the entire truck for a show finish re-spray after installing new drivers door hinges and straightening the edge of the fender and door.
    Well I got around to removing the rear bumper cover and holy $hit!!! The center bumper re-inforcent bar was pretty much rusting to nothing left! The only thing supporting the center of the rear bumper was the damn 1/2" looming for the tail light wiring! WTF?!? What was left fell apart in my lap like crumb cake!

So I had to replace all the rear bumper braces, brackets, center bar support and top support-basically everything between the framerails. So I bought all GM stuff, prepped it all for paint, then sprayed and cleared it all before re-assembling. I just couldnt believe it-truck had no rust anywhere else but there!

7. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

New lines from inline tube installed. brakes lines, fuel lines and vent give. plus calipers, wheel cylinders, brake hoses and a new fuel tank. that was an Amazon buy. $200 shipped with sender and pump assembly already installed.

20171219_182125.jpg

So far so good. I guess not bad for 186000 miles and 24 years. I've seen worse on newer ones. and this truck has a pretty easy life now.

All Dave's fault.

80sz likes this.
  8. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    I don't see any 02 sensors on that pile of parts......

9. BonzoHansen

No, not one. I did replace it about 5 years ago because the y-pipe was on the floor. I had to fight to get that old bitch O2 out.

10. BonzoHansen

So the new fuel pump lasted a grand total of 30 minutes. What brand fuel pump friggin works?