Overhaulin ??

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Aceshigh, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Nothing wrong with that IMO. :innocent:

2. 1970camaroRS

1970camaroRS Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2001
    Everett, WA

You're biased...

On the topic at hand, I would have been pissed if my car was overhauled on that show. Nothing worse than a car being built without my ideas and input. It would end up being exactly what I didn't want (which is every car they ever built on that show). I would have instantly sold mine afterwards.

3. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    Ditto on that. Seems like almost every car they did had shaved door handles :( and they filled the trunk with some 1000 watt amps/speakers/etc....Sorry, I like hearing the "CAR" and not saying "look how loud my stereo is".

4. Aceshigh

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Yeah, that volume control thing was not installed. :crazy:

5. fbody_mike

fbody_mike Veteran Member

With that being said, I wonder how many of the owners were actually car guys? Or were they just guys with an old car and alot of plans but no tools? I used to just fast forward through the "reality" stuff when I watched that show and hit play when they were building.

6. iregret

iregret Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Land of enlightenment.
    They forget to meantion the part where the car goes on tour with out you too. I've seen several of the overhaulin cars at various car shows. That part would piss me off.

Back to the original question though. So what if they spend 100k on each car. (Which they don't.)

Consider this; each episode of Family Guy has a budget of 1 million dollars.

7. Aceshigh

Apr 9, 2001
    Boondocks
    Each episode of HBO's Deadwood cost $1 million to produce and that's what killed the show.
    I highly doubt a simple cartoon cost more then a small fraction of that to produce.

We're not talking about cost for specific air time slots.
    I think I see your point though....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  8. speedfreak1000

speedfreak1000 Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Springfield, kentucky

anyone with pics of this car? when i searched it showed a car but i dont think it was it.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010