Overhaulin ??

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Aceshigh, Aug 25, 2010.

1. Alex71RS

Alex71RS Veteran Member

Feb 13, 2000
    Apple Valley, CA 92307
    It started out as a cool concept, but it ran it's course. I know the guy who always pinstriped the cars (Dennis Ricklefs), and he said Chip was a real workaholic and a great guy, and Courtney was really cool, too. He said Courtney's replacement, A.J., wasn't as personable. She was the wife of the Executive Producer, Bud Brutsman.

The Chris guy got on my nerves because he thought he was a great actor when they were pulling the pranks. Nowadays, he's doing Access Hollywood or some other gossip show. He's turned into a gossip spreading little Beatch.

2. 67lemanster

67lemanster Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 20, 2003
    I AM ILK
    how much do you think it would cost summit, tci, tremec, kicker, art carr....(i can keep on listing), to get advertising like they get on the show? a lot more than the free parts they give away. same with the builders. look at foose. he was big but not near as big as he is since the show...same with the no name shops that get national attention by being in on the build. all of a sudden everybody wants an xyz car.

look at jesse james. without monster garage he is just another socal bike builder

3. TonyZ

TonyZ Veteran Member

Jan 1, 2007
    LaMoille, Illinois
    Yep most parts are donated by edlebrock,summit whom ever for the free advertising, and the guys/techs are probably paid by the show as well as the exposure.
    I have read on some other sites that some of those quicky 24 hr body/paint jobs look like ass in person.

4. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    It's not just Overhaulin' that gets the free parts. There are a lot of "sponsored" cars on the scene, particularly SEMA. I'm iffy on the concept- I like seeing the work done, but it skews the hobby toward financially unrealistic expectations. The equivalent of fake boob supermodels, I guess...;)

5. fbody_mike

fbody_mike Veteran Member

I have looked at one overhaulin car in person, and the paint was very good. The owner did say that there were alot of little things to take care of after the show. Then again what do you expect for a 1 week build.

6. SG71SS

SG71SS Veteran Member

The pranks were the stupidest part of the show. The Chris guy also got on my nerves. Tried to be all ghetto at times. Courtney's voice was like nails on a chalk board but man is she hot. AJ was good looking too!

7. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2006
    West of Chicago
    nope, I've seen an Overhaulin' car on eBay!!

8. Tom 72RS/SS

Tom 72RS/SS Veteran Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Lee's Summit, MO
    I've seen several on Ebay in the last few years but the owners are always asking exorbitant prices because they were "Overhaulin" cars but they don't seem to sell. It kills me that these were cars that the owners would never let go of...until they were Overhauled...sad.
    Musclecar TV sold some their project cars last year but they were more reasonbly priced. I wouldn't have minded having the 67 Tempest or better yet the "Ol Blue Hair" Nova!

9. Potterboy

Potterboy New Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Dayton, ohio
    didnt they do a second gen camaro once? I remember seeing the show. Chip painted stars into the stripes.

10. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

looked okay but chip did some weird fabrication design on the lower grill area and molded in 1rst gen turn signals