Opinions on Rotisseries please!

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by spinedoc, Jan 26, 2014.

1. spinedoc

spinedoc Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2001
    Erie, PA USA
    That big steel one does look pretty neat. Due to cost I may try my hand at a wooden one. I saw how they put casters on it to make it more mobile. I would definitely need for it to move as I have a place that will media blast it for me once I get it stripped down.

I do worry about the stability of a wooden one rolling it on and off a trailer and such.

2. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think there are some companies that will come to you and blast.

3. spinedoc

spinedoc Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2001
    Erie, PA USA
    Hey guys! My friend called me and said 'There's a rotisserie for sale in town in Craigslist today.'.

I have looked on CL for weeks with nothing close, and 'Boom', one shows up.

So I go look at it, and it is a seriously stout home built unit. This guy fabbed up a stout rig. Pillow blocks, gearbox, 8 ton rams, good welds and paint.

So I scooped it at a fair price. When i am done, I will most likely sell it to someone else at my cost to keep the goodness going.

4. 4rcFed

4rcFed Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Pittsburgh PA
    I'm "hoping" to get back on my car this year.....maybe!!! But only a few hours south of you...so when you get through...just give me a shout and I might be willing to help you recoop some costs.

5. spinedoc

spinedoc Veteran Member

Jan 19, 2001
    Erie, PA USA
  6. cvhu

cvhu Member

Jan 18, 2012
    sarnia, ontario, canada
    I made one like the dodge Omni for my Camaro it worked like a dream

[​IMG]

7. dbaldwin

dbaldwin New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Painesville, OH
    I went to harbor freight and bought 2 engine stands and 2 hydraulic rams plus a little square tubing. Cost about $350[​IMG]