One Owner Z/28!!!

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Moe H, Oct 1, 2007.

1. GREGS396

GREGS396 Veteran Member

Oct 16, 1999
    allentown pa
    The spoiler package was no longer standard on the Z-28's starting in 1972.................................

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  2. Moe H

Moe H New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Akron,Ohio
    I can guarantee the interior has never been re-done. If you look around on this site and all the other 73' Z's on E-bay I haven't found one yet that has the bolster's on the back seat, maybe your's was re-done.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    let me point you to the 73 sales brochure with numous picts of them. neutral int on a tpe lt(page 4 which also shows the silver stripe on the lower half of the dash on the lt interior which the stripper should not have) and on the pict of the rs next to the z(page 8) and the bottons can easly seen on the back seat,also on page 10 #3 there is another pict of a neutral inteior and there they are again, buttons. how much more do you need a pict of my car to show you what it shoud look like . unless the sales brochure is wrong too and they just print these thing up for the heck of it

4. gadrix

gadrix Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 11, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    You may be right, but more likely you are not. Things could have changed after ad photos were shot. Don't be so sure of yourself. The factory wasn't perfect. My dad had a 72 Chevy truck that had a GMC plate on one pillar and a Chevy on the other. The seat styles could have changed midyear.
    My 1970 Camaro Factory Assembly Manual has pages which reference a LS6 - 454CI engine. Were there any?? No.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  5. Moe H

Moe H New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Akron,Ohio
    Dude, if you read any of my earlier posts. I am not a "Chevy" expert and this is not my car.One thing I can assure you is that the interior is 100% original (It's obvious)silver stripe or not.This guy is a friend (I've known the car for many,many years.) The interior was never taken out of it. Chevy like all the other's did many,many different things there was no rhyme or reason.Are you seriously staking your claim on a sales brochure? Being a Professional photographer I can almost guarantee those things were photographed before a single 73' rolled off the production line.Button's or not to be honest with you I could care less... I say we argue about the Umpire calling Lofton out when he was clearly safe!!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  6. canadianzed

canadianzed Veteran Member

Jul 15, 2001
    hope somebody buys this car soon and ends this chatter. Opinions are like diapers, they should be changed often for the same reasons.

7. akcamaro

akcamaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Anchorage AK USA
    auction ended at $24,099.99 with reserve not met.

8. 71 Camaro

71 Camaro Veteran Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Cedartucky
    He set the reserve too high. Then he lowered it, but nobody was obligated to buy at that point. If he had a lower reserve he woulda at least got the 24k for it.

9. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

That thing would have been sooo gone.
    IMO it's simply not an attractive car from a visual standpoint. I'd be willing to bet if it were a red/blk, blk/wht, etc. the auction would have doubled.

And you're correct, the last thing you want to bet an argument on is a brochure!

10. 71 Camaro

71 Camaro Veteran Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Cedartucky
    I agree that car lacks appeal. Rare doesn't equal valuable. Just think of all the goofy things people order that are rare, but the average guy wouldn't want. It's like if you paint your car purple with pink stripes you might be the only one in town, but nobody else would be seen dead in it.

If that car had the stripes, spoiler and BLACK, oooh baby! $50,000+?

The description was not a good one either. Full of bad grammar and exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the recent respray comment sure didn't help. I would have never put it that way. Respray just sounds like a quick cover up. I would also think twice about forking over large amounts of cash to a guy who can't right a decent paragraph.

I still think it would bring good money from the right person. That guy is not the average z buyer, he is a guy who already has several "flashy" Camaros and wants this one cause it's diff.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007