One Owner Z/28!!!

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by Moe H, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Moe H

Moe H New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Akron,Ohio
    My buddy ordered a 1973 Z/28 in 1972 and took delivery of it on Dec.11th,1972.He meticulously maintained the vehicle over the course of it's lifetime documenting all service records each time it went in. It has the original sheet metal (It has never been wrecked) original glass, and 100% original interior.It has the original numbers matching 350 engine with the original Muncie M-22 4-speed. The records and documentation on this car is quite mind blowing.The odd thing about the vehicle is that he ordered it without the rally stripes and no spoiler!!! Go figure, I am being told that since he did that, it makes the car very rare.I could go on and on about this car.The sad part is he contracted Alzheimer's disease and the family ha scontacted me to sell the car.If you were in my position what would you ask for it? P.S. The car is IMMACULATE!!! and the mileage is 48,000 I will try to post photos by the end of the week...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  2. Tom 72RS/SS

Tom 72RS/SS Veteran Member

Apr 28, 2007
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Post some pics if you can, that will help.

3. rgearhead

rgearhead Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 14, 2006
    SOUTHWEST CHICAGO, ILL
    ditto on pics,,,also gona have to e-bay it to get top dollar,,,,,

4. GREGS396

GREGS396 Veteran Member

Oct 16, 1999
    allentown pa
    Sounds like a great car. The spoilers became on option on the Z28 starting in 1972. While there were a few stripe delete cars prior to 1973, it was the first
    "official" year that you could do it. I would also like to see some pictures of this car, as I would possibly be interested in it. I will PM you with my E-mail address for pictures.
    Greg

5. Adams

Adams Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Without pictures it is tough to tell. From how you decribe it, I would put it on eBay with a $30K reserve and see how it does. My guess is that this car could pull down $40K. Although the market is a bit soft right now. Especially in the midwest. How soon do they need to sell it? With the documentation you have you could probably get this car into Barret-Jackson in January.

6. Moe H

Moe H New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Akron,Ohio
    One Owner Z/28

I will have the car at Hershey,Pa if anyone is interested in looking at it.

7. Moe H

Moe H New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Akron,Ohio
    One Owner Z/28

I know I could get into Barrett/Jackson, but I would prefer to deal with private individuals.I hear people talk about the market being "soft" as a matter of fact I've heard that off and on for years, but I have always found that if somebody wants something bad enough they will pay...

8. seventy7camaro

seventy7camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's the smart way to do business. Sell it to the private individuals instead of where you could really rake in the dough. When are we gonna see some pics of this car?

9. Hylton

Hylton Veteran Member

Sep 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    40 is too much. It will get mid 20's. '73 Z/28's don't pull the money like the 1970's do and these days, it's hard to get 40K on a mint 1970 Z/28. I used to have a loaded 1973 RS/Z28 that also was a 4-speed, stripe and spoiler delete car. It had A/C, tilt, AM/FM and deluxe interior with the rare drivers seat. It was a hard sell because everyone wanted a 1970 Z/28. Good luck though!

10. Moe H

Moe H New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Akron,Ohio
    Yeah, rake in the "dough" have you ever been to Barrett-Jackson? Have you ever tried to sell a car at a "no reserve" auction? After it's all said and done with the shipping,travel expenses,paying the auction house their fees?? then comes the ole' IRS knocking... trust me they watch that stuff very closely. It's hardly worth it, trust me I've been through all of it...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007