One of the best aluminum cleaners

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by Blown Camaro, May 12, 2012.

1. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro Veteran Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    Blue Magic paste. This stuff is incredible. I did some white-oxidized Demon carbs with it and now they look like mirrors. Use a micro-fiber or terry cloth (more agressive) towel. You can buy it very economically at Amazon. It even removes overspray from painted surfaces! I didn't mask very well, and tried the ol' clay bar. It wasn't removing it very quickly so i tried the Blue Magic. The overspray melted right off and into the terry cloth towel! Just a couple swipes and no pressure. Try it.

2. B.M.

B.M. Veteran Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Columbus,Ohio
    Sounds like it's worth a try.I have tried a few others that claim to remove oxidation,like never dull,etc., and had no luck,so if this worked good for you then it may be what i've been looking for.

Just looked on Amazon,all that came up is blue magic cream,is this the same you are referring to,or is the paste different?

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  3. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro Veteran Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    Yeah, that's it. Sorry for the typo. I bought the giant mayonaise jar sized one because it is very cheap that way.

4. theflash

theflash Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Podunk, CT
    I'll have to keep an eye out for that, I'm always up for trying a different metal polish. I use Wenol now.