OLD!!! pressure washer help needed.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by mrdragster1970, Oct 25, 2017.

1. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Working on a 30-40 year old pressure washer, the big industrial type for cleaning semi's basically.
    The customer bought a new mechanism used on ebay, and I can't for the life of me find the wiring diagram, and so pissed off I can't see straight, so I came to ask for help & calm down.
    I hate when I can't figure something basic like this out :(
    The old set up used a switch, the new one has photo sensors, relay, transformer etc etc.
    I don't want to burn the thing up and need a schematic so I can design a circuit to make the old wiring set up work with the new digital stuff.
    That's all I need is to put the 110 where the DC goes and burn the thing up.

Hoping someone has or can find what I need!!!
    Obviously at this point I'm just missing it, and need to work on something else for awhile.

The new burner is a Wayne, it has MP-98 cast in, and 408-001 on a sticker.
    The new electric motor is Marathon Electric it has model VPE48S28S27D P
    and NO-20388 on a sticker.

Appreciate any help. Thanks Guys.

http://www.marathonelectric.com/
    http://waynecombustion.com/

2. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    Try to contact the Wayne people to see if there is something that shows how to wire it. Do you have pic's? Good Luck.

3. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I searched both webpages and the thing is so old, none of the numbers come up anymore :(
    I was just pissed off, I pride myself on being US Navy trained,
    you can't walk down to the parts depot like a grunt, jar head or fly boy does.
    At sea, you find a way!!!!
    Just blowing off steam because I have too much going on,
    plus Halloween is a very brutal time of year for me and my fuse is very short right now.

I'm probably going to bypass all the relays & transformers and try to design a circuit similar to the old design.

Thanks for the suggestion.

4. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    What kind of pressure washer is it? My friend has an older heated pressure washer at his shop, I'll see if there's a diagram attached to the control panel if you want. Ah, the joys of converting legacy equipment to modern standards lol. Could be worse, you could be writing ladder logic to replace 100 ice cube relays with a PLC :)