Old parts...keep them, sell, or recycle?

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Jball, Jul 6, 2017.

1. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Ontario, Canada
  2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    I'm thinking keep also. My car had manual steering on it when I got it. Real bear to steer with the close ratio box. Old gear made a good door stop for years, then it got tossed in a move. Probably worth some serious coin these days. Along with the original radiator......

3. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Tampa, FL
    It depends on your conditions!

I've had 60+ Cars over the years and I've probably had extra parts for all of them. If I had a couple of Barns, I could keep stuff. But I have a one car garage with a 4 Post Lift with limited storage. I've got 2 projects going on right now, (thankfully the Camaro is at a shop with room), but parts take up room! I almost never keep body panels because of space

So if I have parts, I try to sell them at a reasonable amount and if I don't sell them, I toss them! I don't have the time to try to deal with penny pinchers who then don't understand that it costs $$ to ship stuff

4. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Oct 3, 2013
    SK, Canada
    I guess we all have different ideas, but IMHO, everything you have is a potentially desirable item with the possible exception of the 2bbl carb & intake. Can't see any market for that, but everything else would have value. IMHO of course.