Old Car Emissions Exemption Threatened in 8 California Counties

Discussion in 'California 2nd Genners' started by Chucks73, Mar 18, 2008.

1. SG71SS

SG71SS Veteran Member

And go where - to Canada. Hahahaha. Or to Nevada where 1967 and older are exempt?

1975 and older are exempt in California. Learn something before making such brilliant comments.

2. Big j

Big j New Member

Apr 16, 2011
    phoenix Az
    i feel you Rodders pain here in Cali i have a 79 Z28 and couldnt pass smog since 97 moved to phx Az in 05 law was passed in 04 all classic vehicles having classic car insurance are allowed to register and be smog exempt up to 5000miles a year.i got the Ins and now enjoy my Hot Rod on the weekends or whenever i just wanna cruze her for the day Moved back here and cruze on Az plates and classic car ins ...Cali sucks

3. Winton

Winton Member

Mar 30, 2010
    La Quinta CA
    rebuilding to smog spec

I'm rebuilding the 1978 right now to correct smog spec for 4BBL 48 state spec which will pass in CA if I have all correct parts. Edelbrock and intake are CARB legal, took off cheap headers and put cast iron manifolds back on, getting all the other little bits in place.
    Can't decide on full twin exhaust, or stock 2-1-2 for the single cat. But, anyway, almost done.

4. aero80

aero80 Veteran Member

Jul 8, 2003
    SoCal
    My 572 doesn't pollute nearly as much as my rear tires can.
    Do I have to run pre-'75 tires? I've got some, but they only fit my bike, which I bought in the first "energy crisis" in '73. Hey, that bike is numbers-matching, I'll have you know.

5. kdracer73

kdracer73 Veteran Member

May 12, 2010
    OC, Ca
    Cat must be stock configuration, in stock location.

6. 73nme

73nme New Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Chino California
    Im glad its not I.E. ~