Official Pay it Forward thread :)

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by joshp01, May 11, 2011.

1. joshp01

joshp01 Veteran Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Amarillo, Texas
    Maybe we can get this stickied. Post up parts your willing to give away to help other members on here.

I will start. I have a full set of a arms for free if someone wants to just pay shipping on them. They arent perfect just need cleaned up.
    I will post up more tomorrow when I look at what I have :)

Mod-note to keep this thread running smoothly:
    Each member should do this themselves:
    Delete posts ASAP after item is gone.
    Delete conversational posts
    Thanks, POS
    http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2368525&postcount=36

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2011
  2. nicks78camaro

nicks78camaro Veteran Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    I got a set of exhaust manifolds off a 1978, also a 2 barrel intake and carb off the same car. Will add more later

3. camaro73lt

camaro73lt Veteran Member

Feb 6, 2003
    Germantown, Maryland
    vents taken --- I have a set of black under dash vents (left and right). Free to good home. From 1973 AC car if it matters...

an aftermarket horn. Looks similar to the OEM horn (low note), but is aftermarket, with bracket included. Works fine.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  4. A73

A73 Veteran Member

May 8, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I have upper & lower a-arms, front coil springs, rotors, calipers (w/ pads) that someone can have. Just pay shipping.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  5. bsharp2

bsharp2 Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Great Meadows, NJ
    Frames

I have several front subframes for 70-73 that are complete but need some work on the mount points. Free for the taking and I'll help load them if anyone comes with a truck.

I've also got a few standard header panels and a decklid that I'll part with for nothing as well.

I'm in NorthWestern NJ and it's all pickup only for the big heavy stuff, I'll ship anything else and I've got a lot of stuff... If you need something please ask!

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  6. julio diaz

julio diaz Veteran Member

Oct 24, 2003
    MIAMI
    70 rear bumper

if it fits a 73 how much for shipping and would you take paypal?

7. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

[​IMG]

BBC harmonic balancer. Externally balanced. From my 469 CI. Shipping charges only. PM me.

8. AJ_72

AJ_72 Veteran Member

Jul 3, 2003
    Chebanse, IL USA
    This is a fantastic idea.

I don't know how much work it would be for the admins, but there is another site I frequent that has a Sub-Forum under Classifieds called "Pay It Forward"

They're very, very strict about it. Members have to have at least 200 posts, and IIRC, AND they have to be a member for at least 6 months, or something to that effect.

That part is not written in the "rules", but you are sent to a page with that message if you don't meet both of those credentials.

Here are the rules if it would help get it going.

Basically, if you wanna get, you gotta give first.

Maybe NastyZ28 could set it up similar, or make it a sub-forum of the SP section. I'm all for it. I have a few things I wouldn't mind seeing others benefit from.

EDIT: Oh yeah.... It doesn't say it in the rules, but it is not a forum to ASK for stuff. If you ask for something, and don't have a trade to offer in return, the thread gets deleted.

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  9. Charlie Brengun

Charlie Brengun Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 24, 2002
    the Netherlands
    I'll go through my stuff and post up some stuff for possibly European or Dutch members. I'm sure I have few things someone might need.

Can I have one of those? I'd be able to send you money through paypal to cover shipping?

10. MadMike

MadMike Administrator Staff Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Dawsonville Georgia
    The idea is nice & noble. But like anything - good intentions pave the way to you know where.

Many folks pay it forward already. Quietly, selectively, on a case by case basis. An example of this is when someone needs a part and puts in a WTB. Next thing they know - the thing shows up at their house and they don't need it anymore.

If you have a list of stuff you want to go away to a good home... post it up - then you need to decide wether or not you wish to mail it off to whoever "needs" it.

This would avoid problems and unnecessary heartburn. It only takes 1 person to "give" a good part to someone, then find out it's now on ebay with a $500 bid and screaming upwards.

We've had this done in the past and do our best to prevent this sort of thing. Which brings me to the next issue I need to keep in mind - moderation. The moderators and admins of this place are busy as it is. If the new area required additional policing and monitoring that would add to the workload.

So it's a good idea but I'd like to see this worked out within the scope of what's already in place.