OER Instrument Cluster Cases 25018346

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by younda, Nov 27, 2017.

1. younda

younda Veteran Member

Jun 26, 2015
    MA USA
    Has anyone used this cluster case and lens with success?
    My case keeps breaking in new places because it's fragile and will soon be more glue than plastic. I've read about after market housings fitting poorly with original lenses but does this housing/lens combo work? Doesn't seem like it should be a difficult part to reproduce correctly.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/oer-25018346

WASyL likes this.
  2. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Order TODAY from Classic Industries for Cyber Monday discount...but Im not
    sure about shipping $$$$$

3. 2ndGenCrazy

2ndGenCrazy Veteran Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Upstate New York
    Terrible on gauge placement/fitment. I sent a new one back and repaired the tabs on my original.

dale68z likes this.
  4. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Central Illinois
    look for a good used one, they are out there

5. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Could the above members be more specific as to the fit problems of
    MY new OER case i bought back on Cyber Weekend.......

6. garyandcindy

garyandcindy Veteran Member

Oct 20, 2004
    cumming,ga-usa
    Repo parts rarely fit like orignals.Contact Daniel at Gaugemarks and he can probably fix you up with a reconditioned original.That’s what i did.He’s a site sponsor also.Just look around on here and you will find him.

7. 2ndGenCrazy

2ndGenCrazy Veteran Member

Aug 18, 2011
    Upstate New York
    The positioning of the small perimeter gauges was not centered. Put the clear lens and bezel on it. The gauges were partly covered up on mine. I glued on my own tabs with superglue, then added metal strips epoxied on for reinforcement. I can post the procedure with images if required.

8. Ote

Ote Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I bought the OER cluster, lens, circuit board and clock for my 1971 Z28. Like others, all 4 plastic tabs were broken off. Cluster fit okay in dash, lens fit okay on cluster and flexible circuit board fit fine on cluster. Nice to have a clear lens to look through. All the gauges seem to fit okay, but the clock didn't fit at all as it has a protrusion on the side that will not allow it to fit in the cluster. So unless you're prepared to do some cutting on the cluster, don't go with their clock. The cluster does not include the little plexiglass film for red "oil" light nor the blue "high beam" film. Also not included are the paper "light blocking" pieces that go behind the blinker lights. So be sure and save this stuff if you can. As mentioned by 2ndgen, the perimeter gauges were not perfectly centered, but I found them to be acceptable. Bye the way, not only didn't the clock not fit without cutting, unless you placed the winding stem in exactly the right position (in and out), the minute and hour hands would stop moving after about 5 minutes, but the second hand always moved. Just too hard to remove the dash again, or I'd trash it and have my original clock repaired.