nufinish

Discussion in 'Detailing Topic' started by nicks78camaro, May 26, 2010.

1. nicks78camaro

nicks78camaro Veteran Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Is that nufinish wax any good? Im thinkin about buyin a bottle

2. Red 69

Red 69 Member

I like NuFinish and use it, but as with all products there is a caveat. If the furface has much oxidation, it is best to clean the surface first with a fine rubbing compound. I recently did my DD this way and it came out great. I used a HF variable speed polisher at low speed to make the job easier. The CC paint surface became as slick as polished glass. If working on an old single stage lacquer finish best be careful to not rub through to primer. NuFinish itself works well and I prefer it over more expensive products.

3. Huyzel

Huyzel Member

This product is good for what it is worth. To get the best results out of any wax product is prep. What are you going to be using this product on? Is it a one stage or two stage painted surface? Is it a black/darker or lighter colored car?

4. nicks78camaro

nicks78camaro Veteran Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    its going to be a black car
    what do you mean stage 1 or 2? Does stage two mean base/clear? if so then yes itll be base/clear

5. Simon@London

Simon@London Veteran Member

Feb 16, 2009
    London Ontario
    I put a coat of Nu Fin on my newly painted car a few weeks back to protect against bugs. The finish and slippery surface is still there and stuff slides right off car on any angle. It's a great cheap coating that applies easy and holds up for months. I do all my cars twice a year with it and have had no issues at all.