NOS Stuff

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by BigBlock73, Dec 21, 2017.

1. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Some of these sellers are dreaming! Few people will poney up the big cash for NOS parts when perfectly acceptable reproduction or used is available. I had a guy trying to sell me a NOS header panel and he wanted $650 FIRM. I offered and pleaded to let me have it for $450 and he denied....BTW 2 years later still sitting on Ebay....

2. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
    Ron... those quarters look to be 74&up. Looking at your tag line I don't believe that you could utilize them anyway.

3. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    They look 70-73 to me.
    74's were a year unto themself...small 70-73 back window but new taillight area for the big bumper. 75 to 77 had the taillight area for the big bumper but moved to the wrap around back window. These look to me like the ones I have for 70-73.

5K seems a bit steep to me too. Buuutttt,,, the repops are easy to tell for a judged car as not correct. Even these will need some work to be correct for a Legends level car. Ron knows for sure the differences. They are however much easier to correct than aftermarket, especially the front fenders.

Attached Files:

4. ronzz572

ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 8, 2007
    imperial pa
    They have side marker light holes in them. 74 to 77 camaros do not have rear side markers lights.

5. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

Please allow me use this thread to keep asking what is BEST quality option for
    grafting in rear lower qtr patches......other than cutting into OE qtrs ??

I just returned CHL patches

AMD only makes full qtrs which I could buy and cut up ??? $$$$$$

6. ronzz572

ronzz572 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 8, 2007
    imperial pa
    Chuck i have not personally used camaro patch panels. From what i here patch panels are never a perfect fit. Buying a full quarter may work better for fitment of cut off section. But if the patching goes to far. Just install the full quarter.

7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    Front fenders I would agree because of particular features, rear 1/4s I would disagree, if installed right there is no way to tell.

8. jbloake

jbloake Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    NS Canada
    20 years ago +- a buddy of mine bought 2 new GM quarters for his 71 Upon installation he didn't like the fit of the RH, so the dealer ordered another in for him , and told him to just keep the other. Just because it has a GM sticker on it , doesn't guarantee it's going to fit better than , say AMD IMO

bodymanbill likes this.
  9. ls777z

ls777z Veteran Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Clay,NY
    Many years ago a friend said a buddy of his had NOS 1/4's. He had purchased a 76 Camaro that a kid had bought all new panels for but then decided he didn't want it anymore. He sold the car and fenders and I managed to get the quarters and rear panel. A few years ago tried selling them for $500 and the only offer I got was $300. They're still sitting in my storage room, along with all the other NOS parts I've accumulated over the years