NOS 1970-73 Camaro front lower valance panel.

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by john Gialanella, Mar 3, 2018.

1. john Gialanella

john Gialanella Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Bloomfield N.J.
    I have an extra NOS 1970-73 Camaro front valance panel (#327536 sticker is on back side.) that has the holes for front spoiler option. The only thing is that all the holes are there except the 2 holes on each end that are in the front wheel wells. That seems odd, that they would drill all the holes except the end holes. Does anybody else have valance and can tell me if all the holes are there. I know that the 1970 valances did not have the holes drilled because the front spoiler was not offered until 1971. After that I thought that would be there.
    John.

2. jbloake

jbloake Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    NS Canada
    John I have one that has the 8 extra holes for the front spoiler along the bottom It doesn't have the holes in the front wheel well area . It also doesn't have the inner bracing like the 1970 . Is there a factory plant stamp/ date anywhere on them like the factory fenders , rocker panels, etc

3. john Gialanella

john Gialanella Veteran Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Bloomfield N.J.
    Jbloake.
    Yours is probably the earlier one for 1970 and maybe 1971. They did not have that inner bracing like the #327536 ones. My valance just has the GM sticker "Genuine GM part", but their is a code on it that says 78L5 or 78LS i do not know if that is a date code or not. That is strange that both mine and yours do not have the 4 holes 2 in each wheel well.
    John.

4. 70 SS/L78

70 SS/L78 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

May 5, 2005
    Rockford, MN
    The outer holes in wheel well area were added if needed for a spoiler, most cars didn't have a spoiler. It would be ugly to have exposed holes in the outer sheet metal with no spoiler. The holes underneath are not visable.

BillyDean7173 likes this.