No respect I tell ya...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Buickfunnycar, Jan 30, 2018.

1. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I saw something like that at my local dealer a few years ago.

2. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 15, 2004
    Bunker Hill, IL
    10 years ago or so we had a company meeting offsite at a local hall available for such events in a somewhat rural setting. The meeting was about 2 hours long, when we came out one guys truck was setting on cinder blocks with all 4 wheels and lugnuts gone.

3. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 1999
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    You would think with the smarts cars have these days it would trigger the alarm...Car in Park, key off out of ignition, one wheel at a time gets rotated (ABS sensor?) alarm goes off. I know, the wheel has to rotate a certain minimum for the sensor to register a voltage, but there is no way they could be that careful on all of these cars to not set it off once. Either that or a motion sensor or level sensor.

4. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Years ago when Ford released the very 1st Harley Davidson edition F150's, a small town dealership down the road had the only one they received get robbed of the wheels the 1st night on the lot.

Ford put serial #'s on those...for obvious reasons. Not sure if manufacturers stamp SN's on these new vehicles or not.

5. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    Last company I worked for had 20 catalytic converters stolen one night from handicap vans, I found 2 broken sawzall blades on the ground.

6. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    When I worked at the Ford dealer it was always exciting to come into work. The lot was raised up about 3 feet from the street. They used the old key box on the window system that a lot of thieves could access easily. The thieves would pick a few cars and see how many could jump off the lot to the street and still drive off. We would come into to see cars in various positions either stuck on the ledge or in the street too damaged to move with 2-3 missing. This happened three or four times a year for a good 5-6 years before they bought a key system that stayed locked up inside a secure room.

Blown Camaro likes this.
  7. Blown Camaro

Blown Camaro American by birth, drag racer by choice

Dec 13, 2009
    Deltona, FL
    We had a problem with theft. This is when we had lockboxes on each car. They would drive one car through the fence which would tear it up, then leave it behind and run the rest through the hole. One time I came in and several new cars were on blocks and the wheels were missing. They ran out of blocks and used our park benches and they were smashed up from the weight! That pissed me off more than anything. So we put up metal poles in concrete every 4 feet around the dealership with barbed wire across the top of the chainlink fence and blocker cars across the driveway every night. Not a problem since then and it has been many years.

8. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Too many damned thieves in this world. We need to start thinning them out. The light sentences handed out for all harm they cause. They used to hang horse thieves. It's a damned shame that you need security cameras and alarms everywhere just to slow the bastards down.

carr911 likes this.
  9. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    Amazingly, the same feat in an unmarked suburban with steel wheels and chrome center caps causes the block to empty out :)

Blown Camaro and Dave Nelson like this.
  10. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Central Illinois
    I would be the guy to get caught trying to run with over 1,000 lugnuts in my front pockets - those things aren't cheap you know.:confused: