no Camaro in Marble, Colorado this summer

Discussion in 'Colorado Owners' started by Chuck71RS, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Chuck71RS

Chuck71RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Holley tech folks told me I need one jet number change for each 2000 feet so I need at least three changes on the way up and three on the way back. Doing so in some parking lot is not for me, premature wear on the gaskets etc. The only way I can get the air horn gasket is with a $50 rebuild kit.

But the above is mute for jets are not available for my 450 cfm 4bbl, model 4360. Holley removed them from the catalog over 10 years ago.

Bummer............... Maybe by summer 2014 I can replace the 4360 with a newer model. I saw adjust-a-jet for Holley carbs which attaches to the metering plate and precludes the need to change the jets

2. TheFastForester

TheFastForester Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Broomfield, Colorado
    Bummer Chuck...if I was you I'd try a run just to see how things work. Adjust the air screws as you come out here and into the mountains and see how she runs. The adjust a jet sounds interesting...

3. Chuck71RS

Chuck71RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    Without the necessary jets, a drive up to 8,000 (+ 12,000 Independence Pass) on sea level jets and being in Marble for 4 months is something I just don't want to chance. Not with all that has gone into the car so far and still needed to have it in top form.