No. 4 Baldwin Motion Camaro possibly found

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by Keith Hedberg, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Keith Hedberg

Keith Hedberg New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    This may sound absolutely crazy but I may have found the 4th Baldwin Motion Camaro from 1971. The cars sheet metal is incredibly clean the paint and striping made sense, the wheels and the traction bars make sense. the trim tag however has no trim stamped on it. the rear is date coded correctly but its a 12 bolt with gm 3:73 gears (posi)???? with the original Z28 rear sway bar. No freakin paper work... Mice chewed up everything they could while sitting in a barn for 20 or so years. the car was built in May 1970 and was a 4-speed car. the only other things odd are a small "4" stamped on the on the lower left of the original trim tag as well as a two pieces of emblems found in the bowels of the left rear quarter. one is half of a red "454" emblem the other is faded badly but is rectangular??? any help would be greatly appropriated.

green 1977 likes this.
  2. Keith Hedberg

Keith Hedberg New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    Sorry Built in May 1971...

3. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Vineland N.J USA
    I would try to contact Joel Rosen if possible.

4. Keith Hedberg

Keith Hedberg New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    any ideas on how to contact Joel?

5. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    image.jpg Pretty sure this is him

6. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Feb 1, 2007
    South Park Pa
    Or u could just let me know where it's at and I'll let u know if it's real. LOL. No really i would I promise

MotionClone likes this.
  7. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    Doesn't Rosen charge big money to authenticate a car? That Rosen mentioned above as the model maker is the same Joel Rosen.

8. Keith Hedberg

Keith Hedberg New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    I actually just got off the phone with Mr. Joel Rosen, went through all I have seen on the car. Its seems as though we are in agreement that I may have actually found a fourth phase III camaro from 1971, given all that's here and on the car. It was his suggestion I contact the NCRS pay $50.00 to get vin/ship info first. After dealership location is confirmed I will pay Joel $2000.00 for him to release the vin as a yes or no.

9. Keith Hedberg

Keith Hedberg New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    The car is currently at my shop in Port Jervis NY. car has what seems to be and original 60,000mi on it.

10. Keith Hedberg

Keith Hedberg New Member

Feb 21, 2017
    lol, even the ball joints, bushings, and suspension is original, not the original motor or trans though.