NHL Playoffs!!!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 3504SPD, Apr 16, 2014.

1. 3504SPD

3504SPD Veteran Member

Who do you think will hoist the Stanley Cup? Three California teams in again. Only one Canadian team in the playoffs for the first time since 1973. I'm pulling for the Kings. They should have a good chance with their defense and goaltending, but their first round series with the Sharks will be tough.

2. Joekool

Joekool Veteran Member

Feb 4, 2002
    Hollister CA USA
    If this Sharks/Kings playoff series goes like the last it will come down to home ice advantage.

3. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

LA has one super player on that team - Quick. To me, the best goalie in the league. I am a die hard Canadiens fan, but Price isn't as good as Quick. If someone else was in the nets against the Canadian Olympic hockey team, the Red, White and Blue would have lost like 7-0.

I'm not a 'Hawks fan, but offensively they're loaded. If they can get all their starters back, watch out. Boston plays the way they always have - try to intimidate. That does work against some teams. Rask is a good goalie. They wouldn't have won the division without him. Ahhhh, my Canadiens. Too small, not enough offensive, shaky defense and Price ain't all that good. They should have never gotten rid of Halak.

Personally, I would like to see St. Louis win it all. Not on my list of favorites, buit they have never won the Cup. They are overdue.

4. z2880

z2880 Veteran Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Tewksbury, ma, usa
    The bruins have one hell of a chance and surprisingly there backup goalie has played damm good this season as well. If they need him as the bruins tend to drag the series to 6-7 games! And Bergeron is on fire this season! And for an old guy Iginla is still scoring high!

5. Happy_Dan

Happy_Dan Veteran Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Litchfield, NH
    Well, the preseason is over and the real fun begins. There are many good teams that could win it all and the hot goalie that can steal a game or two is usually the difference. Agree that Quick is a great one!

I am a hard core Bruins fan, have been since Bobby Orr days. I like our depth. We have had a lot of kids in the lineup all year and Julien used them so they have some experience. President Cup means nothing except that over a long season with the inevitable injuries to still have the best record is a testament to that depth. I can't wait! greatest sport there is and playoffs is another level!

6. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    Go WINGS ...... (at least made the cut!! ...lol )

Good to see the Av's actually playing HOCKEY.. and WTF with the ...... SHARKS...:confused:
    I didn't realize they still played...lol whats next the Cayote's in the playoffs...lol

7. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    Blues fan here! Yes we are way overdue on a cup. And they played hard all season and seemed to be gelling well. BUT....once again.....the 'ol end of the season slide and injuries. And a big trade. Seven of 12 forwards out. I think 4 will be back for game one, but the 'Hawks will be looking for the weak guys. I don't think the team is healthy enough to slug out it all the way to the Cup. And I don't have a lot of faith in Ryan Miller either. I like the guy, but...maybe he's having a hard time adjusting to the playing style, or the team is adjusting to him, he's not stepped in yet. Elliot has been unstoppable in goal this season, I think he only had one total catastrophe. But he hasn't played a whole bunch, and there have been rumors of an off-season trade, which I think is stupid.
    OK, hockey rant over.

8. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Sep 14, 2000
    MN
    Got my playoff tickets today!

Bad news is, the first home playoff game is Monday - and I have to be in St. Joe, MO....:mad:

Home game #3 is the following Monday and I have to be in Algona, IA...:mad:

Game 1 tickets for sale... Game 3 tickets for sale...

9. 72zlarry

72zlarry Veteran Member

Dec 20, 2006
    montgomery, al.
    Go Hawks !!!!!! Just hope they can stay healthy.