New to Ft. Walton Beach area

Discussion in 'Florida Region' started by hendrickson2, Oct 4, 2016.

1. hendrickson2

hendrickson2 Veteran Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Eglin AFB, FL
    All,

Good evening to you all! I'm getting ready to move to the Hurlburt Field area come this December and wanted to find out who on here is active in this region? Additionally, I'm looking for a reputable body shop in this region that some of you may have dealt with that can give the TLC to my 2d Gen that I'm looking for. The family and I are getting excited as I'm Air Force and getting ready to push the button for retirement! We plan on staying in the area, so any and all inputs are welcome. Thank you all!

v/r,

David Hendrickson

Attached Files:

2. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Jan 20, 2014
    away from the crazies
    There is a member here from Ft Walton cant remember his username though. I have family there and was born at the AFB nearby.

3. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Pensacola Florida
    Pensacola here. Also an AF guy(30+ years and still got it!) just got done driving the car about 350 miles this weekend during cruisin' the coast. Drove over, cruised everywhere and drove it back. Good times!

4. daniel76309

daniel76309 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Niceville, Florida
    Niceville here, AF recently retired.

5. bygblok

bygblok Veteran Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Pensacola Florida
    I have to assume that you know Mark Dionne with the orange 2nd gen with the 572? Good dude

6. daniel76309

Oct 22, 2005
    Niceville, Florida
    Yes, I do! He lives pretty close to where I am.

7. hendrickson2

Jul 30, 2011
    Eglin AFB, FL
    Good deal! I'm a ways yet from driving the Camaro, but it's nice to see a few members in the area on here. Do either one of you know of any reputable body shops that you'd recommend? I contacted a place in Pensacola called "Lawless Hot Rods" and they got back to me on some details. Ever heard of these guys?

8. NeoNeuro

NeoNeuro Veteran Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    Panama City here. You guys coming over next week for Emerald Coast Cruzin? I'm in the hunt for a good body shop too, so if you guys uncover one I'm definitely interested.

9. daniel76309

Oct 22, 2005
    Niceville, Florida
    My car is stuck in the garage as is often the case, so not going anywhere for a while. I haven't had any experience with body shops, so can't help there.

10. hendrickson2

Jul 30, 2011
    Eglin AFB, FL
    Looks like we'll be somewhat neighbors as I found out today I'll be living on Eglin AFB for a couple of years before we decide to buy. Seems the body shop search will be on when I get there. Anyway, a month out now and it can't come soon enough to arrive there.

Dave