new thrush chambered mufflers

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by muscl car, Mar 7, 2007.

1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

so are these as good as the old thrush mufflers of the 60's and 70's ??. i noticed that dynomax just released two different thrush mufflers and they're called the welded chamber muffler and the other is the extreme cherry bomb muffler . the welded chamber muffler is supposed to give you the deep muscle car tone and the extreme series supposed to give an agressive "loud" sound .

the welded series is really cheap in price as they're only $29.00 ea and the extreme series start off at $51.00 and up to $60.00

here's a pic of the thrush welded chambered muffler :

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  2. 71camaro383

71camaro383 Veteran Member

Sep 26, 2003
    tulsa.ok
    Is there a pic of what they look like inside?

3. muscl car

this is a cut away of the extreme cherry bomb muffler i think all of them have this design

[​IMG]

4. 71RS350

71RS350 Moderator Staff Member Gold Member

May 10, 2004
    Mooresville,NC
    hmmm...interesting.....first time seeing these mufflers...

5. KylePBZ

KylePBZ Veteran Member

May 5, 2006
    So. IL
    You can only cut/chamber/pack/swirl/spin a muffler so many ways! Every one sounds different on every car. But, at least the price is decent on those.

6. airzemee

airzemee Veteran Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Regina, Sask., Canada
    i got 2 on my car, not the extreme ones.. I LOVE them. Cant say i was around in the 60s-70s to tell ya if they are the same, but I love the sound i get from mine. nice pur at idle, then LOUD when i romp on it.

7. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I ran the "Hush Thrush 601's" in high-school, it was an oval design turbo... the round glasspacks burned-out within a VERY short period of time and were just flat loud. I got a pile of excessive noise tickets to prove it.. lol!

The new ones look a lot like Flo's:rolleyes:

8. muscl car

yes i also ran both the hush thrush and thrush header mufflers and it didn't take long at all to burn them out with a very healthy motor . i've always liked the mufflers that thrush made so i'm very interested in these new ones that just were introduced into the market

9. retorq

retorq Veteran Member

May 13, 2003
    Kingman, AZ
    I like the angry woodpecker!! :D

10. Harveyb

Harveyb Veteran Member Gold Member

May 8, 2006
    Upstate NY
    on the outside they look just like a flowmaster.Harvey