New shop options?

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by CB-Man, Mar 5, 2013.

1. CB-Man

CB-Man Veteran Member

May 25, 2011
    Newport, MI
    That solar idea is awesome!
    If I do finish that pole barn I will try it.

Honestly I read stuff on here everyday. Ultimately I know it's my choice but I just don't know what to do. I'm afraid of dumping money into this pole barn and getting a ceiling up and insulated only to have condensation rain on it or find its expensive to heat it.

But I really want a nice area to work in. And there is no garranty when I will be able to build.

I don't know what to do. Some say just go for it.

2. BusDriver

BusDriver Veteran Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    I think fixing up what you have is easier...

the old barn wouldn't take THAT much to help it along, and looks large enough for the atvs, tractor, and yard stuff if well organized. Further improvements can be done as you pick up cheap materials just keep your eye open.

Even adding a leanto for the boat, or a small shed for some yard overflow would be way cheaper than a whole new big building.
    The polebarn, with concrete floor, is great! insulate the backside of the metal roof and get some ventilation in there (maybe solar fan in one of the eaves or a roof vent to pull hot moist air out, uses no power and runs the most on super hot sunny days when it's needed!)