New Shop/Garage in the works also!!

Discussion in 'Garages, Workshops & Tools' started by sponge003, Nov 18, 2010.

1. sponge003

sponge003 Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Concord, NC
    Ok I just had to post also!! I have been reading everyone else's posts and progress.

Signed contracts today and pulled permits so it looks like it will really happen!! 40 x 40 x12 ceilings with RV space(not enclosed,14' ceiling).

Plan on a Bendpack 2 post lift, quincy compressor and other stuff when I can afford it. Lots of lighting, 240V outlets etc. Not sure on whether to do sheetrock or OSB on the walls.

Also want to Epoxy floors but I am worried about my Drag radials pulling it up they are pretty damm sticky!!

Should start moving dirt and pouring concrete second week in December and actual construction begins after the new year!!

[​IMG]

Here is where it will be located

[​IMG]

And here is my current mess of a 2 car garage!! With the Z still in progress:(

[​IMG]

2. mscamp02

mscamp02 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Mt Sterling, Ky
    that looks pretty dang sweet. I just finally got my own garage so no more working outside. Grant it its just a 2 car attached, well seems more like a 1.5 car attached

3. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Olive Branch, MS
    Thats going to be nice man. You may never leave once it is finished.

4. Bigdog

Bigdog Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Lake Jackson, Tx.
    Awesome.
    It is a great feeling to get started isn't it.

I have the epoxy floor in mine and drive all over with slicks, no issues.

5. Double R Restorations

Double R Restorations Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2002
    VA
    That will definitely be a sweet garage. I look forward to seeing the progress. Are your contractors doing the whole job, or are you planning on doing the inside, once they get done with the outside? I'm going to go with sheet rock on the inside of mine. For me the sheet rock is easy to work with. If I used osb I would want to get the smooth look on it and I'm just not sure how much extra work that would be. I think Zeebad posted some pics in Dave's thread and his osb walls looked great. I believe he said he used some items from Sherwin Williams for the seams and the finish. The sheet rock was kinda a tough decision, but overall I think I will be happy with it. I like the silver Z. I have one that is a basket case, in a storage building that hopefully I will bring home soon.

6. sponge003

Jan 10, 2009
    Concord, NC

What brand did you use?

I am thinking more towards sheetrock and have the locations of my studs written down.

Contractors doing the wethertite shell and I will finish the inside.

I will probably never laeve it, GF thinks I am joking when I said there would be a pull out couch!!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  7. Bigdog

Bigdog Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Lake Jackson, Tx.
    Wolverine coatings is what I used on mine.
    There is some good pics of it in my shop thread, page 2 I think.
    http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160724

I need to put up some updated pics of mine inside, I have new workbenches and overhead storage in mine since the original threads.

8. sponge003

Jan 10, 2009
    Concord, NC
    Update: We are waiting till after the new year to start as the weather has pushed the schedules of everyone further out and we want to make sure the temps are good for pouring concrete.

Not happy about it but I know it is the right thing to do, getting very impatient for the shop.:(

But picked up a new Miller welder to make myself feel better and going to get a cheap used Plasma/stick/Tig unit tonight.... its just like Oxy clean it does Everything!!!:confused:

9. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Don't cheap out on a Plasma Cutter or a TIG / Stick unit!
    With the space you will have, and the projects you are looking to do, believe me and step up to some good machinery!

Look at the Hyperthem Plasma Cutters!

As for the TIG / Stick, you already have a Miller so I would highly suggest you look at those as well!

10. southern-breeze

southern-breeze Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 24, 2004
    north alabama
    if your RV has a a/c unit on top do not forget to allow for it to clear ,ask me how I know .