New phones...which do you prefer

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by gramps, Mar 4, 2018.

iPhones or Samsung S series

1. Iphone

6 vote(s)
  2. S series

13 vote(s)
  1. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Jul 5, 2009
    mankato, mn
    I've had good luck with my previous iPhones but the 6 just hasnt held up. A year and a half and the battery is absolute toast. I'm not crazy about the the size either but not much can be done about that. (Truth be told I loved my iPhone 4 but was forced to switch carriers so that meant going to the 5c... it wasn't bad but 2 years in it met an with an untimely demise which now leaves me going to the 6.

Anyway to shorten a long story and get to the point, how has the samsung S series treated you? Probably going to get the new S9...from what I've been able to find its quite similar to the s8 but with some big improvements to the battery and such. Probably overkill for what i use it for but hopefully it's a tougher phone than the last couple iPhones I've had...
  2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've got a Verizon LG G6 , basically a Samsung G8 and is Verizon's flagship model and is also waterproof
  3. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    I inherited my Wife's old 3GS I phone. Cracked screen and all. This is a 2011 model. It has it's issues but I don't need much. I use Tmobile. They keep sending texts to tell me to upgrade. They have dropped my speed to 2g. I will upgrade soon but hate the big ass phones like S6 and all the others. I resisted switching my flip phone because it was small and fit in my pocket. I did not even notice it in there. Plus I like the Kirk to Enterprise look. I want some thing the same size as the 3GS. The IP 4 & 5C were the same basic size but I don't think you can get anything that size any more. I guess a smart phone would be cool to take pic's and send instantly. I can take pic's now and send but can't receive.
  4. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Aug 1, 2012
    oak lawn, illinois
    You can get the battery replacement kits of eBay for like $20

I have an iPhone but it’s company provided so I don’t pay for it otherwise I would try something else
  5. z2880

z2880 Veteran Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Tewksbury, ma, usa
    Work phone is an iPhone. Ibdont like it
    Personal phone is a Samsung s6 3 years old love it
    GoldenOne7710 and brooksman9 like this.
  6. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    iPhone 6 Plus best phone I've ever had. I've owned every Samsung phone out there, including the note 5, the iPhone has been indistruttibile, and the battery has hold up better than any Samsung phone.
  7. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

How in the hell did the world survive prior to all this tech garbage?
    Mr_Metal likes this.
  8. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Central NJ
    I just went to a Motorola Moto z. Signal is great, calls are clear. My old LG phone just got dropped too many times over the last 3 years. I use probably 10% of the "smart" features in a phone. If I can make and receive calls it is my top priority. I will usually reply "call me" to a text. I will also Google a oil reset procedure from time to time when I don't feel like walking over to the shop PC. I also use the phone to browse nasty z lol.
  9. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    I have a Galaxy Note 8, wife and daughter both have IPhones. I can do a bit more with this Note 8 vs their IPhones. Google really makes networking and device compatibility, syncing and pairing easier. This phone is nearly a complete office in my pocket. I also have expanded storage (128g micro SD plus the 64g internal), which Iphones don't offer.
  10. 1972_Z-28

1972_Z-28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Have the S8+, laptop now is basically a dust collector.
    My son could not wait to get rid of his iphone after playing around with mine.
    Seems most people really like one or the other.
    I have had both in the past.
    There is a learning curve going to S series from iphone but it is not bad.