New member - old car..

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by 71RS6SPD, Nov 15, 2016.

  1. 71RS6SPD

    71RS6SPD Veteran Member

    116
    4
    Nov 14, 2016
    Getting the wires into the doors was a pita. First set of boots were too short. I found longer ones.. Used 7/8 grommets from the local hardware store - worked out well. I was able to install these with the doors on! Placed the drill inside the door with a long extension. I will be removing doors when I paint next year.
    IMG_20170525_175058276.jpg
    There are plenty of wires in there - although it may be maxed out.
    IMG_20170525_175202987.jpg
    1 pr 12ga speaker, 3 for mirrors, 2 for windows, one 10 ga. for door pop and one for courtesy light. All relays are under dash.
     
  2. 71RS6SPD

    71RS6SPD Veteran Member

    116
    4
    Nov 14, 2016
    Moving along..
    Installed willwood MC and 8" dual diaphram booster. (needed a vac canister to work well)
    IMG_20170714_142258502.jpg
    I installed a front brake upgrade.
    Had to trim old caliper mounts off spindles and drill/tap mounting holes for brackets.
    IMG_20170727_225009478.jpg
    Did a Wilwood 12.8" rotor 6 piston caliper upgrade..

    IMG_20170728_203837953.jpg

    Audio/Interior - initial mock-up of sub box and woodwork.
    IMG_20170810_155737145.jpg
    Rear speaker mounts (notice no rear deck!)
    IMG_20170812_152810024.jpg
    Ready for urethane.. There will be lots of coats..
    IMG_20170901_100656342_HDR.jpg
    Interior getting there.. Console finished.. just made the drink/phone holder
    IMG_20170910_164915086_HDR.jpg
    Engine bay getting there.. Just added the vac res behind the drivers headlight. It did the trick for the low vac engine with 8" brake booster. IMG_20170911_082848311_HDR.jpg
     

    Attached Files:

Share This Page