New Member, Just scooped a '76 w/ 350

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by iimwint, Feb 23, 2018.

1. iimwint

iimwint New Member

Feb 23, 2018
    I just picked up this this 350 and the body is mint but the engine is really needing an over haul. This is my first project car and i'm wondering right off the bat what drive train opinions you suggest. This won't be an all orig build i'm chasing 1000 hp. So forced induction is going to happen. My question is if I stay with the 350 where are the first places to start building more power. I'm pulling the engine so any suggestions not just bolt ons. or do I drive this 350 until i have enough to crate a 454?

2. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    IMHO you'll be hard pressed to get 1000hp out of a 350. I'd rebuild the 350 and add performance parts: heads, cam, higher compression pistons, intake, carb. This will pep it up and be fun to drive while you build your 1000hp engine.
    BTW welcome to the forum

iimwint likes this.
  3. iimwint

iimwint New Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Thanks for the welcome.

Okay, so I'm a technician but I haven't done much in terms of performance ups that aren't bolt on. My knowledge of good performance parts is pretty low, do you have a website you'd link that I could start browsing. Any searches I do usually turn to summit racing, but again I've never used them so I'm not sure the quality.