New laptop quit connecting to wifi

Discussion in 'NastyZ28 Gamers & Computer Gurus' started by Highlife, Nov 17, 2016.

1. mickstan

mickstan Veteran Member

Jun 11, 2012
    E'ville, IL
    I rolled back 2 machines from Win10 back to 8.1 pro. Win10 is not all its cracked up to be, thats for sure.

2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Aug 1, 1999
    ohio
    Is there a phone number or web address that you can get with HP for a solution? We bought a new HP years ago and they were real helpful with a problem we had. They can take over your computer and test it without you getting in it real deep. Worth a try.

3. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Rockledge, Florida
    Try using this HP troubleshooting help for your Windows 10 HP laptop.

4. Javelin3o4

Javelin3o4 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Concord, CA
    Its most likely a driver issue as mentioned above, you can go do the device manager, under network adapter and right click the WiFi adapter and click the option to update driver software.

5. mech393

mech393 Veteran Member

Aug 9, 2003
    belvidere illinois usa
    one thing to check would be working off line if your computer is set on that it won't connect.

6. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    I'd call FatKid over. He can fix anything. lol

7. fatkid_racing

fatkid_racing Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sep 21, 2005
    Saginaw Texas
    Nobody wants the fatkid anywhere near their computer. I struggle just to turn one on.

8. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Jax Florida
    You could try to click on the wifi signal icon down on the right hand tray where the date is. Right click and hit trouble shoot to see if it finds a problem. I have ATT and it drops all the time and is slow as hell. The Gateway box likes to click off quite a bit. Then I have to wait for the reboot to finish. I am thinking of switching to infinity but don't want the same B/S. We also had to get the net gear booster box to run the smart TV since it would not connect well. It was from ATT and was supposed to be free. It has it's own password too. Half of our devices run on the booster and the other off the gate way.

9. mech393

mech393 Veteran Member

Aug 9, 2003
    belvidere illinois usa
    if you go to settings it should show you what wifi connections are available and you should be able to click on your wifi , it will ask you for a password and it should be on your router unless your changed it .