New here, curious about a 1973 Type LT RS Z28

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by LS 1st Gen, Jan 22, 2018.

1. LS 1st Gen

LS 1st Gen New Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I've found a driver quality "triple option" 73 Z28 locally. The owner has had it squirreled away for 25 years and has painted it his preference of black with a black interior, though the car was originally Light Copper Metallic with nuetral interior. The car came loaded with options from Norwood and he has a very worn copy of the window sticker showing the following:

Adjustable Seatback, tint, floormats, side moldings, edge guards, vinyl roof, rear defogger, AC, D55 Console, Turbo 400, Tilt, HD Battery, AM/FM, rear speakers, Aux lighting, RS equipment, & of Course Z28.

The owner says the drivetrain is original and seems to have put empasis its originality as a RS Z28, without mention of the LT model in his ad. Looks like most if not all of the Type LT trim is gone. Mileage is described as just over 50,000 miles. I haven't seen the car in person, but I know to look for the RS bracing and correct engine code.

I've been a 1st gen guy for so long that I've never really considered 2nd gens, but this one has my interest peaked. Asking price 25K. What do you guys think? Possibly a good deal for someone who wants decent weekend cruiser in this price range with nice options? Or maybe too steep for what it is....

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

Aug 22, 2015
    st.george utah
    If it were a 4 speed car it might be worth it.

3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    is that the car in the picture ? it very hard to tell a cars worth from 2 pictures .. welcome to the site

4. BigBlock73

BigBlock73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Accord,New York
    Interior and exterior color change will hert the value.
    How well it was done will determine how much

twozs likes this.
  5. LS 1st Gen

LS 1st Gen New Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Hi guys thanks for the replies. The pictures are all I have to go by at the moment. I'll have to see it in person for more as the seller is in his late 70's and just didn't include many pictures in the ad.

twozs likes this.
  6. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Oct 3, 2013
    SK, Canada
    yes, it may be a lot of coin, but a Type LT RS Z28 is not that common. Yes, the colour change hurts the value but IMHO, that's not as hard to rectify as trying to find the numbers matching power train parts which supposedly this one has. If the second digit in the serial # is an "S" (and from the window sticker it looks like it will) and the fifth digit has a "T" you at minimum have a Type LT Z28. IMHO, the $ issue is up to you. If it's worth it "to you" then grab it.

LS 1st Gen likes this.